Superior for sale!

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Aug 20, 2019.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Already a long thread about this topic on TTR.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    Freightwaves is NOT 'fake news' by any means. I will say, I've heard a few rumors about it. The funniest one I heard was Schneider and Superior were going to 'merge'! LMAO That was funny. But, like I've said, we'll just wait and see what happens.

4. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Yeah "merge" is the term that's used to soften the blow for employees of a smaller company when a much larger company is subsuming them. It's a psychological move to make the clouds of uncertainty seem less dark and make it seem like "Hey, we're *partners* in this thing! We've got an open door policy so if you've got any concerns fell free to share." Instead just bluntly saying, "We're the new bosses around here so from here on things will be done a bit differently. Our way!"

I've been part of a couple of these kinds of "mergers" in the corporate IT world. They all pretty much went the same way. I refer you to the Hewlitt-Packard > Comapq "merger" that remains a complete cluster-#### to this day b/c apparently no one ever knew who was in charge?! OR to the infamous Daimler-Benz > Chrysler "merger" that by all accounts resulted in EPIC internal and unresolved power struggles that ended w/ Daimler wanting out so bad the sold the #### thing to a private equity firm who then sold it to Fiat.

The one thing I will say that gives me pause about this deal is that someone earlier pointed out that Schneider being a publicly traded company should have to make an SEC filling before making a move like this and as yet I've heard or seen nothing on that front? Not sure what the deadline would be, but presumably that would be publicly available info that would be hard for either company to bs maneuver around?

5. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    like I said, a rumor...only heard it from 1 person. And they even laughed at it. It's not going to happen, I'm pretty sure. If anyone actually READ the article, it clearly states the Company is looking for a new 'owner' not the company is for sale! 2 different things here. However, yes a new owner CAN buy it, then later 'merge' with another company...that is plausible. Like I have always said, time will only tell. Now onto more GBACW series reading while I sit and wait on pick up! haha

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.