Superior Out of Pedrickstown NJ?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by fjrgerry, Jan 23, 2016.

1. fjrgerry

fjrgerry Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Philadelphia suburbs
    I'm interested in Superior and asking for any info about their NJ terminal and what type of runs go out of it? Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I have been there a few times. Got a couple loads out of some place not too far from the terminal down in Delaware. Then recently got a load out of Maryland from them. From what I have heard there are several places to get loads out of Pedricktown terminal.

The terminal is not the best. Dirt lot with a trailer for the office. However the trailer is only a few years old so it is still new looking. They have a tank wash there as well.

I would think you would do okay running out of Pedricktown.

fjrgerry Thanks this.
  4. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    That was DuPont, and they closed the plant. Used to be nice runs to Statesville out of there.

5. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Is that the plant where they searched your truck at the gate before they let you in? Then you got loaded with some kind of white powdery liquid and they made you wait in their office while getting loaded?

6. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    ya it was Ti02 (titanium dioxide), and you had to surrender your cell phone which was annoying. But I never had to wait in their office, I always just took a nap in the cab. You could show up any time of day except shift change, so I usually went in at midnight and was out on the road by 1:30am at the latest. Got me through DC before rush hour got bad.

7. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Hmm, well that is interesting. Wonder why they shut down? Could it be because our economy is booming like Obama says it is?! (insert sarcasm)

8. Thermos Bottle

Thermos Bottle Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2015
    GA
    Never been there, but glad I won't have to have my truck searched and phone taken away by the safety police. Did they make you wear a nuclear disaster suit while you waited in the hot sun?

9. rubberducky68

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I never had them take my phone. That's a new one on me. No, they just would not let the driver wait in the truck while they loaded it. Safety rule I guess. The office was comfortable, just covered in white powder !

10. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
  11. ncdriver1

Dec 3, 2012
    Ya it's in everything.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.