Superior Questions

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by GearWarrant, May 17, 2014.

1. GearWarrant

GearWarrant Medium Load Member

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    I had a thread going in tanker section, but I think I will try and keep this one alive.

I put my app in yesterday, signed up to get my TWIC, but couldn't register to get my HME going. I think it has something to do with my current location and TSA is blocking it. I will go into work today and use the computer there and see if I can get on the website. If not, I guess I will have to wait until I get home.

I am overseas right now in the military and retiring mid-month June. Can't wait to get the next chapter started and get back on the road. It looks like a lot has changed, HOS, HME etc.., but I think I can't pick that stuff up pretty quick.

I haven't drove a big truck for a while, but it's like riding a bicycle right? Once you learn you never forget? LOL We shall see. :biggrin_25525: I do have a 41ft Toy Hauler I drag around though so that should help a little bit.

I must admit I was on the fence as to where to go. I kept looking at a bunch of different deals and companies, but non of it felt 100% right. When I talked to Linda yesterday it all sort of fell into place and I knew this was it. So now I need to work my tail off to get everything in order and get hired.

What about a FAST card? Do I need to get one of those?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    No need to get FAST, passport works just fine. In fact, I would have waited on twic, as the company will reimburse you.

4. GearWarrant

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    Thanks, I just filled out the online part for the TWIC and made the appt. I did get on the TSA website for the HME, but it looks like I need to regain my CDL before I can get that going. Seems counterproductive to me. So what if I don't have my CDL. I pay them money, they check it out and send it to the BMV. Once I go into take the CDL tests I can then take the Hazmat with the invertigation already complete. Not sure why they won't do it that way, but whatever. I guess it is just a waiting game.

I have a passport already, so I guess I won't worry about the FAST.

5. GearWarrant

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    Got an email from Linda a little bit ago. They have my application. She said to call or stop in when I get back home. So far so good.

6. XtremeFitness

XtremeFitness Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2014
    Greenville, South Carolina

Awesome man.

GearWarrant Thanks this.
  7. GearWarrant

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    I asked her if the school I was going to is good to go. She said she would check with Safety and let me know. Anyone know who is in the Safety dept at Cincy?

8. GearWarrant

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    Hmmm, my school is not on their list. :biggrin_25512: They will either have to get on the list by filling out a form for Superior, or I will have to switch schools. I asked for a list of approved schools and I am waiting on said list. :clock:

9. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I believe safety is a regional position. There is not a safety guy at every terminal. You can probably find out on the web site. I would just deal with Linda. She will be your boss anyway.

Terminal managers do the hiring but candidates have to be approved by corporate. I went to a Sage school. They are a nationwide company and were approved. I don't know if that is for all of them or just the one I attended.

10. GearWarrant

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    Yup, it is a regional fellow. They sent me a list of the OK'd schools, but Linda still wants to work with mine to get the approved so that is the road we are taking for now.

There are only 2 companies (3 actual locations) that have been approved in Indiana. C1 and Roadmasters. Sage is in Indy, but is not on the list. My school is TDI. I figure if C1 and RM got approved, mine will most likely also as they all have a similar program.

I am just working with Linda. Great lady for sure.

11. GearWarrant

Mar 20, 2014
    North Vernon, IN
    So...gotta question. I was sure if I would be going on the road with a trainer first or going to the orientation stuff in S.C. first. Anyone know?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.