Superior, what do they pay after training?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by Obrytki, Dec 17, 2018.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    There is a newer 2019 International model on our yard. I know the guy that drives it, and it has an inverter built into it. Shop even showed it to me, when it was in the shop. I believe it's 1500 watts? However, if you're new here, doubtful you'll get one of those. Like most companies, you won't get a new truck until you've been here a few. Sometimes it could be months, or years. I didn't get a new truck until I was here for right over a year and a half. It is, what it is. But, what issues I did have with my previous 2 trucks I was fully paid for, unless I was at home....and sometimes I used a 'loaner'.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    Thanks for explaining the hotel thing, that makes total sense. Like I said, I'm not opposed to sleeping in the truck, it should be fine as long as you have a descent mattress and can keep the truck at a suitable temperature for sleeping.

4. WIlee81

WIlee81 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2019
    SE Louisiana
    Well since they don't mind you idling at all, the temp should be easy to regulate. As far as everything else goes, I've already made my priority list for outfitting the truck: Inverter (if TM allows), cooler and either a hot plate or microwave (contingent on the inverter), finally my Helix mattress (best mattress I've owned so far).

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  5. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Do any of you get paid for live tank washes and live steaming...the payroll lady is telling me negative but I am pretty sure I saw a tank wash pay on the brochure I was shown during my interview.

On a side note...I enjoy sleeping in my truck. I have never done the hotel thing on my long layovers. I rather pocket the 10 bucks.

Currently on a 41 hr layover...and it's awesome. Love the layover pays here. I take online classes so it's just freakin perfect

MYSTYKRACER Thanks this.
  6. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Live tank washes yes, you do get paid for that. iirc its the hourly rate ~$20/hr or $72 for O/O

ulenie Thanks this.
  7. ulenie

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    That's what I thought...now gotta figure out what sheet to report it on. That o/o rate looks enticing...looking into it. First I gotta find me a good truck.

On another note I took a nap and woke up to find snow falling. First snow of the year...the fun begins

8. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    and yes, you get get paid hourly for steaming as well! I've had 2 loads, this year that required steaming and got paid for both of them.

9. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    Best thing to ever do, well what I did, go to Walmart and get one of those 'twin foam' sheets for a bed. It makes it nice and comfy for sitting and sleeping. Unless you like to sleep on a rock. Everyone's different! lol

10. ulenie

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    What sheet did you fill out to report them?

11. ulenie

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Ya those things make a big different on a mattress. I find the mattress in the truck decently comfortable. It's not sleeping on clouds but I sleep pretty dammn good on them. But I only weigh about a buck fifty also

yankatank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.