Superior, what do they pay after training?

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by Obrytki, Dec 17, 2018.

1. ncdriver1

ncdriver1 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Same as you would anything else, demurge, layover etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boom Tube

Boom Tube Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    The factory mattresses aren't great. Ask your TM if they can order you the extra thick kind. Very comfy.

4. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    it depends on your terminal. I'm out of High Point....so any 'steaming/layover' I send it in on q/c under ****REPORT LAYOVER***** it's in there. I believe it's Macro 7? Never had any problems.

5. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    yeah, way back when I first started driving, I sort of got used to these mattresses. My Mom suggested getting the bedfoam at Walmart...and Mom's know best! lol I was having back pains for a few months, years back, and the foam really helped.

6. ulenie

ulenie Medium Load Member

May 24, 2018
    Houston, TX
    Hmm never reported any of this stuff on the QC...our terminal has different paper forms you have to fill out and turn in by Monday morning.

7. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Me either. I turn in a summary of hourly pay weekly on a sheet of notebook paper every time I return on a trip.

I include travel order # that the charge applies to and make it easy for them to input into the payroll computer program.

I used to use the Qualcomm to report it when I ran the system and was out longer than a week but only if I wanted it on the next check.

8. david123abc

david123abc Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Augusta, GA
    Every terminal does payroll a little different. Some have recap sheets you write all of your bunk pay, demurrage, layover, etc. on, others do it via Qualcomm, and some pay pay from what you write in on your travel orders.

Personally I find the recap sheets easier, probably because that's what we used when I was driving, so it's what I'm used to.

yankatank Thanks this.
  9. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    So what percentage of your overall pay is made up by this type of "accessorials"?

10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    That depends on how long you stay out and how slow it is. I run nothing but out and back dedicated runs. Most are 3 days 2 night runs. I usually turn in 3-4 hours a week. A system driver doing resets on the road would have much more. Layover pay alone would pay a driver $200 a day sitting.

MYSTYKRACER and dwells40 Thank this.
  11. MYSTYKRACER

MYSTYKRACER Medium Load Member

May 30, 2019
    That sounds like a great schedule! That's pretty much what I'd like to do, regional out-and-back / home weekends. Although I'd imagine that's the sort of thing that typically goes to the folks w/ seniority and experience but It's good to know that a driver doesn't necessarily have to be stuck in interminable OTR for months on end that destroys your home life.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.