Supervisor Compliance Training Department. Bogus or real?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by THeGAME, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Mr.X

Mr.X Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    Spokane, WA
    Had a dedicated run to Calgary, AB with Resers Fine foods, but committed a heinous crime (over weight ticket) in Idaho which I have learned is a criminal offense, and evidently the customer did not do as he said he would and pay the fine, so I was handcuffed and hauled to jail,lol. Long story short I am hangin out in the USA while my attorney hopefully gets things cleared up, lol. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ontheroadagain11

Ontheroadagain11 Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2017
    deathB4decaf and Bank_Lbr Thank this.
  4. truckinglady

truckinglady Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2018
    I received the same letter from Supervisor Compliance Training Department and decided to do a scam search (it look so fishy -- which is how I found this post) and according to the BBB others have too, I guess they scare you into spending your hard earned money. Under the Fed regs, you only need this course if you supervise employees and they also charge a crazy amount of money for the course. I also received a letter from this company (which is how I found this post).

When I called the Easler and explained I received this letter and they said as long as I'm ONLY an owner operator I do not need the course, but if and when I hire employees I will need the course.

You have to be so careful today, seems everyone wants your money.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2018
    Reason for edit: Removed advertising.
    truckingmechanic321 Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Beats bodymore, murderland.

Anyway.

In my time there is someone designated the official company I suspect you have been drinking or high today, what is matta with you? Here is a cup, go get me a test sample.

It seems that has been foisted off onto a computer that runs a random number generator for groups of minimum testable drivers fleet wide these days.

If I knew where we are now in regards to the simple war on drugs back in the 70's after the haze of smoking and needles got swept away... it's seriously grotesque.

You are a company, you are supposed to get piles of mail that is a sort of a scam, if they can get a dollar out of you with big scary letters that imply huge fines for failing to follow what you already see in the DOT green book of regulations as a Motor Carrier and employer among other things you see these mails coming a mile away. Especially if they want money to do something you should already be doing anyway.

The US Mail is a shadow of what it once was in value. Over half of what gets to the mailbox is some form of scam, advertising etc.

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    The requirements under 40.33 are real and the FMCSA will bust a butt over violating them. While this is not a scam at it's basic level is is not something the general truck driver need worry about. This whole thread needs to be moved to a more appropriate section.

Only click on the spoiler if you want to read 40.33.

§40.33 What training requirements must a collector meet?

To be permitted to act as a collector in the DOT drug testing program, you must meet each of the requirements of this section:
    (a) Basic information. You must be knowledgeable about this part, the current “DOT Urine Specimen Collection Procedures Guidelines,” and DOT agency regulations applicable to the employers for whom you perform collections. DOT agency regulations, the DOT Urine Specimen Collection Procedures Guidelines, and other materials are available from ODAPC (Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE., Washington DC, 20590, 202-366-3784, or on the ODAPC Web site (Office of Drug & Alcohol Policy & Compliance). You must keep current on any changes to these materials. You must subscribe to the ODAPC list-serve at: Get ODAPC Updates by Email.
    (b) Qualification training. You must receive qualification training meeting the requirements of this paragraph. Qualification training must provide instruction on the following subjects:
    (1) All steps necessary to complete a collection correctly and the proper completion and transmission of the CCF;
    (2) “Problem” collections (e.g., situations like “shy bladder” and attempts to tamper with a specimen);
    (3) Fatal flaws, correctable flaws, and how to correct problems in collections; and
    (4) The collector's responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the collection process, ensuring the privacy of employees being tested, ensuring the security of the specimen, and avoiding conduct or statements that could be viewed as offensive or inappropriate;
    (c) Initial Proficiency Demonstration. Following your completion of qualification training under paragraph (b) of this section, you must demonstrate proficiency in collections under this part by completing five consecutive error-free mock collections.
    (1) The five mock collections must include two uneventful collection scenarios, one insufficient quantity of urine scenario, one temperature out of range scenario, and one scenario in which the employee refuses to sign the CCF and initial the specimen bottle tamper-evident seal.
    (2) Another person must monitor and evaluate your performance, in person or by a means that provides real-time observation and interaction between the instructor and trainee, and attest in writing that the mock collections are “error-free.” This person must be a qualified collector who has demonstrated necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities by—
    (i) Regularly conducting DOT drug test collections for a period of at least a year;
    (ii) Conducting collector training under this part for a year; or
    (iii) Successfully completing a “train the trainer” course.
    (d) You must meet the requirements of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section before you begin to perform collector functions.
    (e) Refresher training. No less frequently than every five years from the date on which you satisfactorily complete the requirements of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, you must complete refresher training that meets all the requirements of paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section.
    (f) Error Correction Training. If you make a mistake in the collection process that causes a test to be cancelled (i.e., a fatal or uncorrected flaw), you must undergo error correction training. This training must occur within 30 days of the date you are notified of the error that led to the need for retraining.
    (1) Error correction training must be provided and your proficiency documented in writing by a person who meets the requirements of paragraph (c)(2) of this section.
    (2) Error correction training is required to cover only the subject matter area(s) in which the error that caused the test to be cancelled occurred.
    (3) As part of the error correction training, you must demonstrate your proficiency in the collection procedures of this part by completing three consecutive error-free mock collections. The mock collections must include one uneventful scenario and two scenarios related to the area(s) in which your error(s) occurred. The person providing the training must monitor and evaluate your performance and attest in writing that the mock collections were “error-free.”
    (g) Documentation. You must maintain documentation showing that you currently meet all requirements of this section. You must provide this documentation on request to DOT agency representatives and to employers and C/TPAs who are using or negotiating to use your services.

7. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    OOIDA, your consortium and NASTC can all help you meet the requirement at minimal costs.

We were written up during an audit for not having watched the video (two drivers situation).

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Wow, I thought I was the only one to get these letters.

They go right into the shredder and become kindeling.

9. Hagen&Co

Hagen&Co Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2016
    Longview, TX
    According to the FMCSA, "Owner-operators are not subject to DOT supervisor training. However, you are still required to register with a consortium for DOT drug and alcohol testing."

Here is the link to the FMCSA website where this is published: U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug & Alcohol Supervisor Training Guidance

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  10. xsetra

xsetra Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I was required to have the drug training when I had employee driver's.
    As a single operator now, I don't need it.

I was able to get the training from the random consortium I subscribe to.

11. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    You can down load the required training on drugs AND alcohol [need to do both if you employ drivers] directly off the FMCSA website for.......FREE ! ! ! !

if you have any supporting employees in a supervisory position you need to do, and document, the training then document the employee's training too.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.