Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    TTR asked me to start a new thread for the Support of the TND. The prior thread reached a threshold and we need to start a new thread. So, this is "part two".

Thanks,
    Mark

LGarrison, moosc, dca and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Mark Kling and BROKENSPROKET Thank this.
  4. Stuka

Stuka Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Ok, here's another odd POI issue.:)

There are two icons in Wichita Falls, one says Flying J Travel Plaza #741 and the other with the CAT scale logo says Flying J Travel Plaza. Do we really need two icons for the same place? Anyway, I usually zoom in and when I see the CAT scale icon, I add it as a Via. Sometimes I do not see both icons until I am there. In any case, should they route me to the same place?

So, in this case, the RM routed me past the truck stop on 287, had me exit at a tight turn onto Hammond st. and return on 287 the opposite direction. Then exit onto California St. I took one look at California st and could tell that was a no-go. I pulled on ahead and entered the Flying J on the TX 473 feeder. California does not enter the truck stop at all, there is a pretty deep drainage ditch between the truck stop and California St. Maybe that's not a RM issue, it's a map issue?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The Cat scale has its own Lat/Long. What you are seeing is that the Cat scale Lat/Long needs to be adjusted. I did let GIS know about it. As far as two different ICONs, yes due to the fact of an added feature that involves Truck POI's.

BTW,,, congrats on being the first to post on the new thread. I think they did not want me to hit 500,000 views...:biggrin_25523:

Thanks,
    Mark

LGarrison and Dieselboss Thank this.
  6. Blister662

Blister662 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2013
    When looking at the details. I wish it would show how big the truck stops are. S, M, L or how many parking spots it has.

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    When you see the POI search, click on Select Services on the bottom left. Overnight Parking Lot - tab on this to select your size, then Okay.. you will notice on the bottom the Filter is now checked. The search has now adjusted to your parameters. To undo, just click on Filter and this will clear out the filter search (but what you selected is still there).

It used to show S/M/L - but it was a little confusing.

Do be aware that what is listed may not be actually what is physically there. I remember one Pilot showing 10 spots. Physically 5 were marked.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. Stuka

Stuka Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    That's what this is for :biggrin_25514:

Rgr that, thanks Mark

Mark Kling, Blister662 and Runamukinfl Thank this.
  9. Blister662

Blister662 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Thx. Wish it still showed how many spots each one had. So we wouldn't have to change filter for different times of the day.

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I will pass that up.

Thanks,
    Mark

Stuka Thanks this.
  11. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.