Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    What is the issue and I will pass it on.

Thanks,
    mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EekABunny

EekABunny Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Did even further research and turns out that Android tablets CANNOT get date and time info from GPS sats. So either I root this thing, RM does a fix, or I go back to TND 730 (or ditch RM altogether).

Can't believe this was overlooked by the developers and QA...

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    TND Tablet, Yes there was an issue with the Truck GPS app showing an hour off from the Tablet time. The Truck GPS gets its info from the tablet side. This was noted and corrected today.

Yes it has to go thru QA first.

I am finding out when the update will be pushed to the tablet. Remember, upper left you will see the white download arrows, swipe down, and click install for any updates.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com

Hold on a minute. Just talked to Mark and he will elaborate here shortly.

6. EekABunny

Feb 28, 2012
    Will this also take into effect regarding when we move to different time zones as we travel? Or will we need to manually change the time on the tablet each time we change time zones?

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Hard to set a future time on a tablet that gets its info from Networks. The TND you cannot adjust either. This was an oversight on the transfer of information from the Tablet to the Truck GPS app.

No need to go over the edge on this. It is not like no one does not have a watch or cell phone to verify the local time. The way everyone is going on about this is like RM did the ultimate sin. Issue found, Issue fixed.

Think back when we rolled over to the Year 2000 and the attention it got. I actually got paid overtime to sit in an office after midnight and verify the computers and programs read the right date. No one threated to ditch the computers back then.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The Truck GPS app is one hour off, no matter where you are. This has been fixed and I am awaiting word of when the update will take affect.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. EekABunny

Feb 28, 2012
    So we will not have to worry about the fact that the tablet cannot automatically change time zones but that the GPS app time will?

10. EekABunny

Feb 28, 2012
    Well, it kinda is a big deal. First, I have it setup to tell me what my ETA to destination is in top right corner. No biggie...add an hour...i get that (until fixed). Secondly, when set to change screen automatically from day to night mode (and vice versa) then it is an issue. The screens go to night mode 1 hour too soon and is difficult to see in the remaining daylight, and it gets bright 1 hour too soon as well, blinding me if I or my co-driver is driving at night.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Table time is correct, Truck GPS app is one hour off. This has nothing to do with time zones. IT was a DST switchover.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.