Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 66truck

66truck Light Load Member

Nov 7, 2008
    ohio
    Did the D/R today, 28 files had issues, so I'll see how it acts now, hopefully no more issues, Thanks Mark.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wulfman75

wulfman75 Road Train Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Athens, GA
    just bought a 530 yesterday. used it today with no issues.

4. DieselDog81

DieselDog81 Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Between here and there
    Mark,
    Ive tried updating my 520 a couple of times now. And after each time I get the notice "transfer failed". Ive tried reformatting my SD card. Any other tips?

And now, Im getting a "Map license error" saying that "some of the map regions used here have expired!"

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Make sure the SD Card is formatted FAT 32. If you are getting the Map License error then all the files did not copy across.

I can remote into your PC/TND and see what is happening if you wish. I will be available after 9pm tonight and tomorrow all day.

Thanks,
    mark

6. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    No I Dl'ed from my desktop,and didnt do the map because i didnt have an sd card.

7. DieselDog81

DieselDog81 Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Between here and there
    Mark, I'd appreciate that. The card is formatted as fat32. PM me and let me know how and when to get you remote access. I'm in the central time zone, fyi

8. laurentiu1

laurentiu1 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Ohio
    Hey Mark,I've updated my 730 about a week ago after updating I ran a d/r and yesterday it was the 2nd time I used it since the update.I put my route going to Quincy,OL from Cleveland,OH and in Argenta,IL I stopped for a few hours in a rest area and I turned off the gps, when I turned it back on the infamous Navi.exe error was back on.I turned it off and on and it went away.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

All I can ask is that I see the navi/log file for that day. Items like this are hard to reproduce. I do test in test runs in live driving and normally I let the TND power off when I leave the car be it for an hour or more then come back and let it power back on. What you described could be as simple as a boot up issue that was a glitch or it could be a corrupted file.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. laurentiu1

laurentiu1 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Ohio
    ok tell me how to get that log and how to send it to u, it happend this morning.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Connect your TND to the computer.
    Open your E-Mail program and use the attach feature (paperclip). Look for the TND external drive and then the folder Navi/Logs. Look for the date it happened and attach that to the E-Mail.

I PM'd you my E-Mail address.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.