Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    No updates are send out that big. Only the mapset which is about 4gb. Normal update files are about 500mb or less.

Thanks,
    Mark

Fajo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Did you buy this from a truck stop with the extended warranty that some offer? If so, then you need to contact the truck stop or the company you purchased it from for the extended warranty. As far as I know RM only has the 1 year manufacture warranty.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Smoking_Joe

Smoking_Joe Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    I called Pablo and left a message. No response.

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    PM me your name, E-Mail, address, phone, unit serial number, and when you talked to RM. I will forward to Pablo.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. Voyager XII Rider

Voyager XII Rider Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    I always check his destinations using Google Earth, so we knew that there was a more direct route compared to what the TND-720 said. But we wondered if there might be a reason why he shouldn't go the more direct route. I didn't see any bridges that could have had weight restrictions (he confirmed that as he went the more direct route), and the railroad crossings looked flat instead of on a hump (he also confirmed that). No left turns involved, other than the one he had to make off the interstate ramp, and the 720 directed him to make that left turn.

7. Voyager XII Rider

Voyager XII Rider Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    OK, thanks for checking. I just told Hubby about this, and he said he will try the non-STAA settings. Thanks for all you do on this forum, Mark.

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you have to use an US route or local route and STAA will not route you to your destination, change to Non-Staa and see if that works. Non-Staa roads are not normally marked unless it is an No-truck route.

Thanks,
    Mark

Voyager XII Rider Thanks this.
  9. skulldrinker

skulldrinker Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I got it from http://rand.factoryoutletstore.com

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Note - THIS is a false website. RM does not have a factory outlet store. All RM sales go thru www.randmcnally.com/store.

You will have to contact them for any extended warranty work.

Also note that the site the OP listed is also for other manufactures under their names with no legal connection to the legal manufactures.

This is a listing of authorized dealers for RM.

http://www.randmcnally.com/pages/where-to-buy-tnd

Thanks,
    Mark

skulldrinker Thanks this.
  11. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    Mark, whats the number of the latest software or map version for the 720? I spent hours in a library downloading it but i think it vanished into thin air...and there's nothing on the SD card.
    Thx.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.