Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billindelicato

billindelicato Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Purchased OEM RM power cord kit from pfj because I needed to update my subscription for traffic only to discover after plugging in the supplied USB cable that Windows and the dock won't recognize the device... Any solution? I'm 1000 miles from home where my other USB cable is...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freight shaker

freight shaker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    Has anyone else had problems with the Rand McNally Dock running on Windows 10? I've uninstalled, re-installed and repaired the program to no avail. It shows up as being installed but will not open or run. Everything seemed to work fine before the most recent update on Windows 10. The RM Dock works just fine on my other (with Windows 7) laptop.

4. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Mine works fine in Win 10

freight shaker Thanks this.
  5. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Can be picky with USB ports; try all of your ports on your laptop to see if one might work when others don't.

Try restarting computer with GPS plugged into computer & turned on.

Uninstall "USB bus" drivers under device manager has worked for me in the past.

Have has this problem with my 510 multiple times both on Win7 & when I upgraded to Win10.

On Win7 i got it working by uninstalling dock & installing older version that came on the GPS unit itself then upgrading to latest version again; might try that.

On Win10, only started working after completely uninstalling dock & cleaning all traces in the registry & temp files along with uninstalling it as a recognised USB device along with uninstalling my USB drivers & letting Windows reinstall them.

Believe there might be a folder that gets left behind in "application data" even with clean uninstall that needs deleting.

Use Geekuninstaller "force uninstall" then Ccleaner junk cleaner & registry cleaner to finish up, restarting computer before plugging back in & starting install.

freight shaker Thanks this.
  6. freight shaker

freight shaker Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    We'll give this a shot... Thank you!

7. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Is there a solution to the 730 not wanting to route over the GW Bridge?

8. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Set your length to 48 and it will use it. NYC has a restriction on 53' trailers and Rand doesn't have like a "I have a permit" button, or a "I have a non-divisible load and am not leaving the freeway" button, etc. And trucks can only use the upper level. And I say that in seriousness because another brand has an "override restrictions" button that is used for cases where the government restrictions which would normally cause it to avoid a road are over-ridden in special cases. It's a dangerous button if you forget to turn it off though.

Rand response link: http://www.randmcnally.com/support/...ot-route-me-over-the-george-washington-bridge

NYC info page for dimensions: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/motorist/sizewt.shtml

"Trucks with 53-foot trailers may only travel on the portions of I-95, I-695, I-295, and I-495 that cross the city between the Bronx-Westchester County line and Queens-Nassau County line."
    AND,
    "53-foot trailers carrying non-divisible loads must apply for a New York City Permit."

NYC doesn't have the resources to stop every 53 footer and check if they have a non-divisible load even if they are on "portions of I-95, I-695, I-295, and I-495 that cross the city between the Bronx-Westchester County line and Queens-Nassau County line."

So Rand opts to avoid using that bridge if you are set to 53'. They are siding on caution and not on "we assume all drivers now all of this about NYC and the GWB."

But the work-around is thankfully just a few taps on the settings, if/when a driver is aware of all of that convoluted stuff about NYC and is gong to proceed across with a 53'.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    Reason for edit: spelling
  9. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Thank you sir appreciate that

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  10. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    None as of yet.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I will have to ask, on the testing side I have not seen much either so I suspect they are still updating the apps still and have not pushed them out.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.