Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    You are right on the money here. I have never liked how RM does this via thing. I also find the detour function is cumbersome and useless any time I have tried to use it so as to route me on the road I wanted to be on. I think the unit should have an alternate route function so when you put a route into the system you can see and pick from alternate roads that will take you to your destination. I have tried the compare routes function and have never had any luck with it either and in some cases it had added hundreds of miles to my destination when there were clearly other routes available that only added a few miles to the trip.
    I don't think that the programmers have a clue as to what the word VIA means. I think they should just get rid of the Detour and Compare Route function and put in an Alternate Route function. Just my opinion.
    Re: Flood's post #2550

flood and Call_Me_The_Breeze Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Mark, did you ever hear anything back from RM on the update for the 70?

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Where are you looking at the stop information?

Thanks,
    Mark

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I will re-ask.

Thanks,
    mark

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I passed that on to RM.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Personally, I have found the detour function to be somewhat useful, it just doesn't always detour to the route I ultimately am looking for. I am hopeful that the upcoming update will fix mine... I really don't want to spend another $300-$400 replacing it, but it's driving me crazy and on my last nerve.

Truthfully, the main thing that is really a deal-breaker for me is the lagging, freezing, and unresponsiveness. If they could fix that, I'd be somewhat okay with it. I guess we'll see.

8. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    This is the kind of thing I have referred to previously, Mark. You see the same issue twice and seem to presume it is the same person. Unfortunately, many, many of us are having similar issues.

And even more unfortunately, most of us have little to no time to deal with these things. Not trying to chastise you, I know it must be frustrating to hear about the same issue with multiple consumers. However, I hate to say it, but you are coming off as "YOU again?" at times. I'm sure that's not your intention, that's just how it comes across.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    No I don't see the same issue twice and "Presume" it is the same person. I look at the ID and the post. I had read that post already and had answered it. Sometimes people post the same thing (copy/paste) in different threads. It happens all the time. I have great recall and that post was word for word as I remembered it the first time.

Now if you had read the rest of the post I said that maybe my reply did not take or I read it and forgot to reply.

Now show me where I said that I "presume" the same issue twice and thought it was same person. I simply asked if they posted it somewhere else and I had answered it already.

I have been on this site for over 8 years and I have heard it all. What I don't need is someone twisting my words around and telling me the kind of person I am. That is what is irritating. You don't know me personally and you have never met me. But, you ask those on TTR that have met me at the Truck Shows how I am, or the customers I have met face to face to resolve their issues or the ones at 3am I am on the phone with for several hours.

I know the issues that many are having and no I am not putting the "blame" on the consumer as you like to keep telling me. I see the issues here at my desk. Until RM QA releases the version there is nothing I can do to resolve the slowness in the x10's or x20's or the freezing or application errors in the x30's. They are resolved as far as I can tell. Now if you are having freezing on a x20 I would look to the type of SD Card.

I have asked for help from the ones on TTR having these issues to test a "Beta" version to see if the issue was resolved. A FEW jumped in and we feel we resolved the issue. In this process we found a user file was corrupted, how we don't know so we are looking at that. RM QA does have to test the version before it is released. I don't control the business decisions and many times the version is out before I know it.

Now since you forgot to answer me in the prior post... I will ask again.. What kind of SD Card do you have?

Now if it is an Ultra or Ultra plus or 32gb then you need to replace it with a 8/16gb class 10 regular Micro SD Card. The 720 hardware is not compatible with the HC type of Micro SD Cards. These type of cards read/write data in a different format and usually in doing an MD5 I see corrupted files that will affect the way the x10 or x20 will responds to calculating.

Mark

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
    archangelic peon Thanks this.
  10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    were you said too
    leg is to the next VIA point not the next STOP..... total trip is just that
    in the example I gave when I leave bowling green going to my next STOP in Memphis I want to know when I will be in Memphis NOT what time I will be at the VIA point on tn-155

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Okay,,, now I got it.. you have "Via's" and "Stop's" in your trip.

I talked some to the Developer about this last night... I will have to think how we can "attack" this and make it user friendly so that you will see the Via's but they will not count into your trip.

Thanks,
    Mark

tsavory and flood Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.