Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beardefreak

Beardefreak Light Load Member

May 13, 2014
    Got some normal headphones same issue, has bluetooth so will try wireless, ok sound is great with wireless ajd sounds like crap when going through the headphone port. Using iFrogz Coda Forte bluetooth headphones with 3.5mm cord for direct connect. Best headphones i have used in a while.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. justanickel

justanickel Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2016
    TND 760 will NOT work with 2017 Model year vehicles. in 2017 Most Manufacturers moved to a 500K ODB connector from a 250K. The Rand 760 will not work and they have no plans to support the new OBD type 2 connector. so if you plan on getting one of these consider the tractor you may be driving in a few years.
    I have 4 of them I bought in the last year and now they are paper weights since I moved my drivers to 2017 Cascadia's. Oh and the new type 2 OBD was mandated in 2011 , so you would think someone there should have known that.....Their advertising doesn't state that

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Okay,, this is the 3rd thread you post this in..... enough already... once is enough... read the reply in the first one you posted...

Mark

5. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Latest update seems to have fixed time problem this afternoon

6. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    Hi Mark I used your last suggestion and it seems to be working for me. Ive just updated the maps and did the diagnostics. I hope this will solve the freezing issue. now my question is I have the 730 and it has an sd slot. what is it for. do I need to buy an sd card and if so what kind. thanks for your help

7. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    SD card slot not used on the 730 models at this time, it is there for future upgrades.

Mark Kling and Night Prowler Thank this.
  8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    In response to your concerns. RM is testing the cables and seeing how they need to be adapted. So PM me your Name/E-Mail/Phone number and the type of trucks you have. I will pass this up.

I do not have a time line for the modifications.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Beardefreak

May 13, 2014
    Most of the time when i want to start the gps app it hard crashes tndt80

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Does it say the App quit responding? Or how is it behaving?

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Beardefreak

May 13, 2014
    When it loads the screens darkens then a prompt appears saying the truck gps app has stopped responding then it will close, sometimes it just freezes like this mornin and had to reboot the unit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.