Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you go to the settings on the Dashcam you can change your rate and where to save the files too.

Things like Toll Prices are current when released but like anything else things change and this file is not released daily. So, it will get you in the ball park for tolls.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    This is a new service so a lot of Data miners are catching up. RM is aware but I do not know of any "Correct" list so far for CNG sites.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Glad to hear u'r ok, was getting a little concerned. Still wondering if there is anything we can do to stop the wife's TND 730 from getting the Navi exe error at least once a day. It gives the dreaded gong puts up the error but keeps on going. Sometimes the posted error message just goes away by itself but usually she needs to restart.Sorry didn't see your response to my original post.
    Thanks
    John

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Nothing you can do. When I ship the replacement a return label will be in the box. I can then look at it closer.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    OK Thanks again for all your help.
    John

7. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    Mark, thanks for the reply on the update situation on the tablets. You replied to another fellow about tolls. That brings up an interesting question. Kansas turnpike. I will plot a route. I know the route will be part of the turnpike, but it won't pop up anything until I get five miles from the toll both. Every other route on other tolls it will say "your route incurs tolls estimated cost is $X.XX"
    Now the weirder thing. If I stop along the route and replot (and I have to be under 50 miles or do to destination) then it tells me I will have tolls in Kansas. As far as the rates I don't know about the ezpass states as our trucks have ezpass but it is spot on with the Oklahoma tolls and when it does do Kansas, it is within .25

8. Truckersheldan

Truckersheldan Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Taneytown, Md.
    I would like to know how you all handle the temperature extremes and your GPS. I know they say the TND has an operating temperature between 32 and 120 degrees. If your out of your truck for any length of time do you always remove your unit? I know the temperature can rise fast in the summer unless running with AC on. Do these extremes hurt the unit any or just affect the operation if left inside? Always have taken mine out but just want to know how you all handle this. Thanks !!!

9. awillis1357

awillis1357 Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Waxahachie, TX
    I have a TND 710, that is having sotware issues. When I power it on, it doesn't go past the start up screen if I have it connected to the wall/vehicle screen. If I connected it to my computer, the connected screen comes up, but my PC wont let me install the RND software, so I can run the Diagnostic and Repair function. A couple of times, it has gone to an all white screen with a red status bar going across titled "Starting wince". Can anybody tell me what is going on with my unit?

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Give me a one or a few examples. From/To. I then can test.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I have seen screens crack in cold weather if you leave it in your truck for a few days. Best to take it with you when you are out of the truck for a day or longer.

Thanks.
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.