Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Voyager XII Rider

Voyager XII Rider Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    I hope I just sent you a PM. I did if it is what is now called a "conversation". I usually don't ask Hubby to do very much that he doesn't have to do while he is on the road. He doesn't have much patience anyway, and if I can't tell him step by step how to find what I want him to change on the TND-720, he gives up quickly. But I can try changing to car mode as an experiment after he gets in, if you want. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If in truck mode and will not route change to car mode.

If in car mode -

Routes okay - then truck restriction, Either Non-STAA route, weight restrictions, or incorrect restriction.

If will not route - Then map issue. Could be many things. Post information and I can verify in the map data.

Thanks,
    Mark

Voyager XII Rider Thanks this.
  4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Update -

Car routes him on that road. I will verify with RM if any restrictions.

Thanks,
    Mark

Voyager XII Rider Thanks this.
  5. FlexinTarzan

FlexinTarzan Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Stanfield, OR
    Ran I22 East above Birmingham, AL to US65 south to I20E. TND720 does not recognize this NEW route and kept wanting to route me thru old US78 though the 12 mile stretch to I20. Is there a new map update to resolve this ?

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    New Maps in testing show

I-22
    CR-77 - 2 mile
    I-65 - 2.6 mile
    I-20

Thanks,
    Mark

7. Truckersheldan

Truckersheldan Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Taneytown, Md.
    Just want to send out a big thanks to Mark for his recent help with my 510 GPS.
    Mark,
    Your help and resolution to my problem with my 510 was greatly appreciated. I have only used Rand McNally GPS since my first purchase of the 510. Maybe I'm a rarity but I can truthfully say I have not had any problems until the one you helped resolve. The only time I ever got in trouble was in New Jersey when I thought I was smarter than the GPS. My new 530 is working just as well and look forward to many years of use. I am sure many people know as well as I do the great asset we have with your availability to help with our problems and questions. I hope anyone considering purchasing a GPS takes into account the edge we all have with your help and decides on Rand McNally.
    Thanks !!!
    Truckersheldan
    Dan

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  8. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast
    Is RM ever gonna calculate the ACTUAL miles to a travel center ect when put in GPS?.I put in a Pilot that was calculated 29 miles away,but when i put it in the GPS it was actually 42mi.Can you please fix this.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    In a search you get " by the way the crow flies" , this is a norm since the GPS has no idea which way you are going to drive to get there. Once you route to it then you will get true miles. A hint ... add about 15%.

Thanks
    Mark

mpow66m Thanks this.
  11. EekABunny

EekABunny Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Hey Mark,

I have a question regarding the RM ELD50. I know that that may not be your area of expertise, but since it works with the RM tablets, you may know or know who to ask. Wanted to know if we can use the guages option of the ELD50 without having to pay the monthly cost of using it for HOS logs. I would prefer to use my RM tablet to handle my logs as well, but Landstar does not allow drivers to BYOD and I have to use their crappy Omnitracs. But the guages option is very intriguing.

Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.