Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC

MidWest_MacDaddy and SilverShadow Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Hey guys. Red light blinks a lot. I bought new charger should be here soon. Is that the reason why? Also, anyone know why sometimes this gps 730 will add like 2-2hrs to a route yet maps said less.

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Make sure the DC end is snug in the socket. A cable tie helps when pushed in between them.

I will need an example for the time issue. When you say maps what are you referring to?

Thanks,
    Mark

5. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Ok ill try that. Times. I mean like google maps from morris, il to dancille was like 1hr 30 i think. N rand wanted me to go 2he 40. N im like huh. I followed google n it was quick n easy.

6. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    The original charge cords don't last long. The best IMO are the 90 degree plugs- I bought 2 about a year ago off Amazon- not RM- because they were so cheap.
    I use both Google and RM. RM shows you mile markers, Google doesn't do that and, of course, Google doesn't give you truck routes.

4noReason Thanks this.
  7. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    @jmroadhog ... Thanks for the reply... Was hoping I was just missing something obvious. Hate to start putting truck stops in my address book when it's already in the data base.

@Mark Kling ... Suggestion to the programmers... Truckers Path Pro has a feature that you can simply "star" a TS, Walmart, etc as a Favorite and then it simply shows up on the maps like normal but with a little star on the icon showing its one of your favorite places.

Might be a good feature to add to the RM

Thanks.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  8. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Additional more... Search option to sort by "favorites" by distance like the address book.

9. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Verify Dancille.... Name does not show up.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    If you only put your favourite truck stops in your address book,then when you are on that trip and you want to stop there,you can just add it as a Via and pick it from the address book instead of having to search the whole data base.It's quick and easy.Also if you turn on the Show Address Book entries on the map then it you will see it all the time.Quite handy.

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Thanks... I will look for that "Show Address Book" option... That might be what I need.

Still requires double entry and a favorites feature would be better but I will try this.

Again, thanks for the feedback. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.