Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Please note there is a support thread... If we keep posting to the support thread it keeps the Electronic Connection a little cleaner... Plus it keeps me from posting in multiple threads on issues.

I am having the Mod's move this to the RM Support thread.

Mark

d o g Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I would try this first.. turn on and leave on whatever screen it is on, then unplug it.. let the battery run down.. Then put on charger and let charge for several hours turned off.. Then turn on and see if it gets past the loading screen..

I have had that loading screen run for several minutes to 5 minutes sometimes...

Let me know..

Thanks,
    Mark

4. UltraZero

UltraZero Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Sorry for the post here if this is not the support thread. The title is
    Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You are correct in posting in this thread... I started this thread quite a few years back and we had to go to Part 2 since I exceeded the limit for the web site for a thread... But, not knowing what products RM would put out in the future that is why it states Future RM Products..

So you were right..

Thanks,
    Mark

6. UltraZero

UltraZero Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2013
  7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Update - if after the update for the Tablet you no longer see prior year mileage/fuel I "loaned" one from a user and found the issue. It is a simple fix, but we will have to "grab" your "current" Truck.db and fuel.db and I can convert those for you and send you the spreadsheets for your use.

Thanks to Scott W. for the use of his T80. Without it I would be floundering still on this. I simply could not duplicate locally.

It would require me to remote to your Tablet and put an updated file on the tablet.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. Voyager XII Rider

Voyager XII Rider Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Here's a new one, at least to us. Hubby told me this morning that his TND-720 would not boot up. He said he could see the picture of the truck that he always sees when he first turns the 720 on, then it went to a triangle with an exclamation point in it, a message that said 'missing file' or 'file missing' or something to that effect, and a number to call RM for support. He hit the reset button and it did the same thing again. He called the RM number, but they were not in yet. He tried to boot the 720 up again after I got on the phone with him several hours later, and it booted up normally. Is this a problem that will get worse, or just an anomaly that isn't anything to worry about? This is the only GPSr that he has, so he has nothing else to rely on if this one has to be repaired, other than me giving him directions over the phone. Has anybody else had this to happen, and if so, what did you do about it?

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you see that Error message it usually means it is not reading the SD Card correctly. It looks first for a certain file and if does not find it, it will not boot up but instead display that message.

Try popping the SD Card in/out a few times and see if that resolves it.

Thanks,
    Mark

Voyager XII Rider Thanks this.
  10. Voyager XII Rider

Voyager XII Rider Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2015
    I showed Hubby how to pop the SD card out and back in last night while he was at home, and he just left for work this morning. I am curious to see if the 720 does this again. As always, thanks for your help, Mark!

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Drum roll.... and the results???

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.