Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. former yankee

former yankee Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Mark, did you ever come up with a reason why my Fuel Manager does not know where I am?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Have you looked into one of the phone apps to do this? Like GPS Logger or GPS Recorder, several others.

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I did not know it was not telling you.. let me test here.

What device do you have?

Thanks,
    Mark

5. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Sort of. Been a while. But as I recall I didn't see anything that I was interested in and I figured my GPS device is alway running and has a large card in it for storage, so why can't I use it and not worry about these extraneous apps chewing through my phone battery.

But I'll look at those you mentioned now that it's apparent I have no other choice.

6. former yankee

former yankee Light Load Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    80B tablet

7. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Curious if this thread can answer issues with 300 dash camera?

Occasionally, about once a week, I'll be parked overnight and when I get up to start my day the next morning I'll notice that my dash camera will be locked up. Now it's easy to just take a paper clip and reset it. I use it with factory settings and a 16gb class 10 pny memory card. What's causing this? Is there anything I can do to stop it.

8. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    Well, I've had it. My 730 has been a real clunker since I got it. Bricks constantly and the only option then is to let the battery completely discharge before reconnecting and getting it to turn back on. Posted the problem in this thread and the answer was to turn it off regularly, which provided no improvement whatsoever. Go out to the truck this morning to do a pretrip, hop in the cab and now the blessed piece of junk won't even turn on. It's less than six months old and now its a paperweight. That was $400.00 of the most pissed away money I've ever spent and will be the last thing I ever purchase made by Rand that doesn't come printed on laminated pages. The best argument for Garmin is firsthand experience with this lemon...of course they are coming out with a new model soon, but I won't be spending my money on a updated piece of crap that hits the market expecting the end user to do the beta test...my time is money and I'm not wasting anymore of it on equipment that can't do the dang job.

jtaran06 Thanks this.
  9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Have you turned off wifi connectivity and traffic? Reduced map detail? Turned off or disabled any features you don't need or use?

These are not good fixes but I remember when I had my first and last RM truck gps, that's what I had to do to keep it running for longer periods.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  10. Broke Down 69

Broke Down 69 Road Train Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Concord NC
    I dialed it down to nothing but the map and turning instructions...it's just a gigantic piece of junk.

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Are you confident you're feeding it with good 11.2+ volt power all the time? I.e. Good batteries and no voltage regulator issues or maybe loose power wire feeding the power plug your using

Or maybe these issues crop up when an inverter or microwave is used?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.