Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tator1960

tator1960 Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Support solved this! I'm amazed!!!

tow614 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. msjs91011

msjs91011 Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2014
    there's nothing like thsi anywhere on my device. Spent the last half day trying to find a working play services, framework and store combo but RM has done a wonderful job of making this thing incompatible with stuff I expected a $600 device to be capable of...

4. txtodd

txtodd Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2015
    bump

5. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Got a new one on my TND 720. did an update and says not enough room on your device. Looked in explorer and I have 9.75MB from of 3.49GB. (All maps are on external 16GB SD card)

Any way to clear/clean up the unit of unneeded files, old updates, etc...? OR move said files to external?

EDIT: It appears that navimaps are on both internal and external storage. Is it designed to be that way or is it possible to delete said maps off internal to free up 3.31GB (SD card had 3.89 in navimaps)

EDIT 2: called tech support and was told to delete navimaps off internal storage. My sd card is a sandisk 16GB HC card that I had in it since buying it. I have not had issues with it until recently. So I'm curious as to what file type the 720 reads on (FAT32, NTFS, etc...) support couldn't answer the question. Testing a theory, I did a diagnostics repair and it put the navimaps back on the gps, so now I'm guessing the sd card may be corrupt?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    I think you are gonna need Mark's help to get your 720 back to usable condition. There are many posts in this forum about the proper SD card to use and how to properly update the unit. The 720,so far,has not been slated to get the latest map update due to it having not enough memory and outdated OS to handle all the updates and improvements.
    Good Luck as of right now it's prob just a paperweight.

7. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    good thing is it's still working, it just taking a while for it to load, but once it's up and running, it's fine. But the battery life is starting to show it's wear, so it might be time for a new one soon(ish)

8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Hope you can wait for someone to come out with a good one...
    I have been aggressively looking to upgrade and have decided none of the many units Rand McNally has introduced are appealing at the moment and Garmins latest is 3 years old and they are due for a new unit so I would stear clear of old tech due to them not supporting units over 5 years old.
    Just my opinion...

9. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    The thing that gets me is the 720 is an excellent unit.
    All they needed to do was give it some more power and memory... Better routing options and perhaps traffic but really not a deal breaker and we would be set.

Seems like someone is overthinking these things..

Remember, we are truck drivers not F35 pilots.

classic_150 Thanks this.
  10. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    I'm thinking that it prob won't work very good on the road and may not be too dependable.

11. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Ya but how are these companies gonna make any money if they make things that last ?????

tow614 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.