Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I had the Garmin 570 and while it was faster overall, I got very used to the TND style. I was thinking about a 730, but I think I'll stick with this one. I swapped out the SD card and did a reinstall of the maps. That appears to have taken care of the memory issue. I just have to not do the diag/repair function. which would be good. If all else fails I'm gonna get a older 8GB card and try the maps that way. Since this unit is an older model I think the issue might be (as Mark stated in other posts) read speeds.. So for now I'll hold onto what I have see what turns out in a year or 2

tow614 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    But even the TND style has been changed now.

Progress???
    Meh...

4. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    The thing I would be concerned about is if you deleted files out of internal memory if there were any that may be needed for the proper function of the unit.

5. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Biggest problem has been the hardware can't keep up to the software so unless they use the latest and greatest hardware these units will be obsolete in a couple years.

tow614 Thanks this.
  6. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Nope... What happened is when I did a diagnostic check the GPS didn't like my sd card for some reason and created the maps folder and all files on the internal storage, but since it's only 4gb of memory it couldn't quite complete the folder so it was giving errors when checking. In doing so it was filling up what little bit of memory it had left. So in deleting the maps on internal storage all I did was delete the non-complete mirror image of what is on the sd card. Hopefully problem solved.

7. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    OK-I hope it works out for you.

8. wheelman666

wheelman666 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    Lake Katrine NY
    MARK - !!!

I have PICS and Video of the Mysterious Alternate route Box !! Finally
    This is on a route from Mechanicville, NY to 49 Geyser Rd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
    As i get close to Exit 13 this is what happens. Again WiFi is OFF so
    A) what the heck is this???
    b) How is it doing this?
    C) Why doesn't it do this ALL the time??

>>>>HOW DO I insert a Video and/or a Pic????

9. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Traffic you have to create a account with the RM Store (free) and then install the app.

As for the Browser, open browser, top right (3) dots, screen that opens - scroll down to settings, then Browser Mode, Change to Android.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Go to upload a File or advanced.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I used the Compare and the Toll/Non Toll option. The first route shows you the way you want to go and the second shows you the other route.

If you route without the compare it shows you based upon your preferences and you show Allow Tollways.

If you route with Avoid Tollways, and do not use Compare it routes you the way you wish.

If you allow Tollways, and shortest it routes you the way you wish but @ 1158 miles.

Thanks,
    Mark.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.