Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    FYI - Next Wednesday till Sunday I will be on TTR off/on. GATS is next Thursday - Sat and I will be there.. If you are going stop by the Rand Booth and say Hi...

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mem

mem Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions, we will try moving it down to flush with the dash to see if it helps.

It seems in the future maybe they should use a stronger magnet though, it's not as if we have it mounted in a bizarre way.

It's not every pothole that knocks it off, in fact wife drove cross bronx and gwb the other day and it didnt come off. I did knock it off twice on the NJTP though.

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    So I did an update about 3 weeks ago and didn't use my gps till just yesterday. My tnd730 kept telling me that some of the region licenses had expired. So after searching online i found several threads saying to do a diagnostic and repair. After doing so the first time the dock software showed I had 45 files that needed repaired, tried restarting my gps, same error. So I go in and repeat the same process, this time it showed 21 files needing repaired. Restart, same error, once in the dock software it showed I had only 2 files needing repair. This time when I restarted my 730, out booted up and navigated to my destination without issue.

Is this typical?

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    No. Start a conversation with me. We need to fake the dock out to download the maps again

You just got a bad download

Thanks mark

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I really need help using my Rand 740. I've had it about 1 week and and am frustrated. I bought it thinking 1 1400 mile trip would give me the time to really learn to use it. I gave up and just used my smartphone, Google Maps and Trucker Path on my Android.

I can enter an address and select among the 2 routes. But what I REALLY need is to select and modify that route. There are many ways to go from Nashville to Bangor, ME to avoid NYC and stay out of downtown Boston. I wound up just driving I-81 to I-84, I-90, I-495, I-95. Let's say I want to FORCE that route on the GPS.

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME THE 75 THINGS THE GPS CAN DO IN ALL SITUATIONS. I need a simple step-by-step example. Thanks, less info is better than more info. I am not looking for a review. Just a recipe using the 730/740 GPS.

Example trip
    Pilot Travel Center #413
    6418 Centennial Boulevard, Nashville, TN 37209
    to
    Dysarts Truck Stop
    530 Coldbrook Road, Hermon, ME 04401

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I am having the Mods move this to the RM Support Thread.

How do you want to Modify the Route?
    What are your expectations for planning a route?
    Have you on the Map screen, tapped bottom left (route symbol)/route settings and changed the settings?

Mark

8. tscottme

My problem starts with entering my starting point and ending point while sitting at another location, say at home or truck stop. The GPS seems only to want to navigate me from present position to starting point point of the trip. I don't need helping driving from home to my company's yard. I want to see the route from company yard to destination, and possibly change route to follow HazMat route restriction.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    On the Map screen, at the top to the far right - Guided Search, tap on it/new location/address - after you enter the city/address and are ready to route to it... don't.. look on bottom left and you should see "Set Origin", tap on this and your starting location will show on the map. Then route to your destination.

Mark

disoba Thanks this.
  10. tscottme

Roger, thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.