Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I will physically be there, but voice is not doing so well. So bear with me if I try talking to you.... getting over a 102 temp for 4 days and then Flu A after that..

Thanks,
    mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lumbrjak49

lumbrjak49 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2007
    millington
    i am new to this forum and i saw that you were helping another driver with his tnd 710 mine also will not connect to my computer now although it did allow me to put the first update into it. I'm am using a dell with windows 7 64 bit any suggestions would be helpful

4. MackDaddyMark

MackDaddyMark Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Elizabeth, New Jersey
    Unfortunately I have joined the club of the loose power conector thingy..lol #### thing wont stay in. Anybody try any homemade fixes?

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Did you try to squeeze gently the connector of the DC cord side?

Thanks,
    Mark

6. MackDaddyMark

MackDaddyMark Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Elizabeth, New Jersey
    Yeah..Ive squeezed it..looped the cord so it would stay angled..but I run NYC,NJ,Long Island alot so all the potholes do is just jiggle the thing right out of however which way I had it "hooked" up lol

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The Dock may have installed, but you should have gotten a message about the 510/710.

If it connected once, it should again.

try when the TND is powering up connecting.

when the TND is fully powered up connecting

and from one of the testers

I found a way around it. I turn the GPS on and wait for the first gong then I plug the USB cable in and it works everytime so far.

thanks,
    Mark

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Sounds like the internal casing is a little out.

Did I not send you an E-Mail with the NDA?

If so, if you send it back to me, then I can replace your unit as a tester.

I am on the road till the middle of April btw..

unless you are going to be at MATS.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. CT_BigDaddy

CT_BigDaddy Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Windsor Locks, CT
    I was driving in New York the other day I saw a VW disappear in a pothole. I think in future models the usb port should be on the bottom of unit. I have had A TomTom for about 4 years the usb port is on the bottom. I have never had a problem with it when comes to getting power. That way the cord does not keep vibrating up and down which can not be good for the usb port. I have already sent one 700 back after 3 months because the usb port got so lose it would not take power or charge up any more. I drive three different vehicles (sometimes all three in same day) that I can use my gps in. So the unit does get moved a lot, but my TomTom also goes with me I use it as a back up. TT gets used sometimes as main unit unless I know I am going some place that has truck restrictions. I found in my area many mistakes on the 700 mostly when tells me that I can not use one certain road that I have been driving a truck on for 15 years. It has been reported and will check when the next update comes up if it is still that way. If it is not fixed I will have more routes to be reported that sent me way out of the way when I knew the way to where I was going.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    Mark Kling Thanks this.
  10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You will be happy to know that Rand has had one tester in NYC testing the routes for the past several months. They say it is almost dead on with the NYC Dot sites routes.

Thanks,
    mark

11. CT_BigDaddy

CT_BigDaddy Light Load Member

Oct 5, 2010
    Windsor Locks, CT
    The route I have the main problem with is in the Hartford and New Haven area.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.