Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbqguy

bbqguy Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2010
    East Wenatchee, WA
    I do not disconnect the cord from the USB port unless I leave the truck for home time when I need to take it with me. The USB port still has become loose and unreliable, even after doing the slight crimping of the cord-end connector. While constant plugging and unplugging MAY (or may not) explain some of the USB port issues, it certainly doesn't explain all of them. I like my 700, but I hate the USB connector. It seems to be a quality control issue since, for some, it is a real issue and for others it is not. I am very interested in the 710, but I don't want to spend even more money and have the same issue crop up with the USB port.

XTRME 94 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lumbrjak49

lumbrjak49 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2007
    millington
    try when the TND is powering up connecting.

yes that was the ticket worked great thank you

4. Iron Flyer

Iron Flyer Light Load Member

May 29, 2010
    BC Canada
    My 710 arrived and I got a chance to try it out today. To be frank, I really like what I see, especially how intuitive the whole unit is. One question I have though, is there a way to switch the logs to Canadian hours of service? If not, may I suggest that as a future option.

5. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    Problem with my 710.

When entering an address, when you get to the street number screen. If I click on "List" it goes straight to routed instead of showing me the list of available street numbers.

6. capital 48

capital 48 Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2008
    MI
    Took my new tnd 710 on test run two days ago. worked great miles by mile marker dead on money. address and end location dead on point. route plain is better on fastest then shortest speed limit ahead is great saw a trooper just past a limit sign and had slowed before in plenty of time to not get pulled over. so far nothing but good.

7. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    heres something you can try.
    i have noticed that from the 700 upgrading to the 710, there is a small delay when touching the screen, very short, quick delay...
    when you click " List " be sure to only tap the screen 1 time... try not accedently hitting the screen, or hitting intentionaly twice.
    make your parked ( as you always should be when using any distraction )
    and give that a try...
    just passing along what i have learned..

8. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    On our feature list,,,

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I agree, one tap, wait,,, the button will respond. If you tap again you actually will get the next screen or what is under a pop up screen.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Iron Flyer

Iron Flyer Light Load Member

May 29, 2010
    BC Canada
    Hey Mark, do you mean its on your future list or feature list? If on the feature list, where do I find this? Thanks for your help.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    behind the locked door,,,

Thanks,
    mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.