Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    It is their for the driver to use if if they please as a quick look at the hours they have remaining if they please. It is not an EOBR and DOT knows that.

You can turn it off under preferences/truck/update driver status - set to main menu buttons and make sure your HOS are set to above "0".

I ran 3 years with 4-5 units on my dash and was stopped a few times for other items, but never did they look at the Navigation device. Never got a ticket either. Well maybe one for overweight, but the company paid that as the warehouse forgot slip sheets under the paper rolls and the trailer was sealed when picked up.

You do not have to appear in court to fight a ticket, simply taking your case via a letter mailed to that court district before the court date to state your case.

The TND is not attached to the truck computers or satellite in any way shape or form. It is a simple free standing Navigation device for personal use. DOT officers that I talk to know that.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Corporal_Clegg

Corporal_Clegg Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Raleigh,NC
    its happened 3 times. But lots of time between them so its not an all the time thing. just annoying when it does. All 3 times it hapened when recalculating. Like last time was when I pulled into a rest area.

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Connect your TND to the computer, close the Dock when it pops up.. go to start menu, look for (my) computer and look for the external drive called intelliroute. Find the Navi folder and click on it. Then click on the User folder and delete the trip.db file. It will rebuild. Then disconnect your TND and let it reboot. See if it still hangs up on recalc's.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. DirtyDirt

DirtyDirt Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    CA
    Well a word of advice for you 710 users, should your power button fail to work do not unplug the GPS from its power source, cause once the battery runs down the GPS shuts down and GUESS What. You cant turn it back on SHeesh what a bone head I am.

I was working on the CB today and unplugged the unit from the dash and placed it in the sleeper while I ran the wires concealed in the dash, when I was done the unit was off. Now I am not sure if I can save all my address info or not, sure sucks cause I need them.

6. DirtyDirt

DirtyDirt Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    CA
    Also if you think a cop is going to look at your GPS to see if you have time available to drive you got problems. Common sense has to take over at some point sheesh.

Mark Kling and SilverShadow Thank this.
  7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Did you call in to get this replaced? When was the last time you updated? If no too long ago your addresses and other info is still on the Dock.. when you get a replacement TND,,, do a restore first....then update. It will reload what you had in your user info since the last update.

Also any updates your user info is saved by date in a hidden path on your C:\.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. homeboy339

homeboy339 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2008
    tampa,fl
    ok i got a problem now(tnd 500). got a new laptop hp pavilion g7-1070us i went 2 rand mcnally and downloaded the tnd that went fine but when i connected the gps 2 the usb ports all 3 of them it said does not reconize the devise i didnt have this problem b4 whats going on

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You connected fine before, but as mentioned before on some newer laptops they do not see the TND. A few suggestions.

Make sure you are using the USB cable that came with the TND and if this does not work, call Customer Support and ask for the 1.1 Blue USB hub. They will ship it to you and this will resolve the connection issue.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. homeboy339

homeboy339 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2008
    tampa,fl
    mark i did call support this morning and explianed to the guy what was going on and he told me 2 go buy a 1.1 to 2.0 usb adapter, well comp usa told me that adapter would do nothing. but i will call them back in the morning and tell them what you said i need,,thank you,,also i would like 2 thank the diesel boss shop 4 helping me out over the phone on the way home from comp usa,,thanks

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    E-Mail me with your name, address and phone number. They have the 1.1 blue hub adapters... Rand Tested a lot of the powered and non-powered USB Hubs and found the 1.1 Blue (Yellow now too) work well. All it does is brings the port down to 1.1 USB standards. Maybe adds about 2-3 minutes to an update moving data over to the TND.

Note - the newer "i" processors may need the adapter also.

Thanks,
    Mark

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.