Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    Well I upgraded to the latest update a couple weeks ago. Added via points, but it still doesn't show you the whole route. I have a 500 T5B.

Since upgrading I've been having a lot of problems. This morning I was on the west end of I-80, at the rest area in Ohio. Near Portage. It took 40 (forty) minutes to calculate how to get to Baltimore. It has never done this. A short while later I had my first Navi.exe error.

After it calculated, it was about 40 seconds behind where I was. I was 3/4 past the exit I was supposed to stay left on and it said "stay left...". I did not turn it off and it only did this once.

I also went into a pilot and tried out a 710. I was amazed at how much faster this unit is, even compared to my unit freshly rebooted. It is so much smoother at everything. The detail while zoomed out was also much better. It also showed the entire route properly while zoomed out, instead of just drawing a straight line from start to finish.

Overall after waiting 18 months since I bought this unit, I'm still thoroughly disappointed. Rand did fix a lot of problems but there's still serious flaws, slow zooming around the map, lack of detail zoomed out, and multi-stops still aren't complete and take forever to fill in. The unit keeps bugging me for a map update, yet there doesn't seem to be any available. Canadian data is still 10-15 years old in some cases.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Zooming out with any map either on the TND or online the details will be less.

As mentioned before, the "bugging" is a simple reminder.

If Canadian Data is not correct then it is not in the NavTeq database. Submit Tell Rand's so that it may be corrected.

Multi-stops. As mentioned before - if you are in a route go to the map screen and on the right - look for the 3 arrows with lines. Bring out the turn by turn list and look at the bottom for Route display options. Click on trip summary to see the legs of the route and click on Summary map view to see a "birds" eye view of the entire trip to include all legs.

If the TND takes longer than 3-5 minutes, reboot (turn off/on) the TND. You may need to delete the Navi/user/trip.db manually.

I am unsure what you mean here - (multi-stops still aren't complete and take forever to fill in), sounds like they are not there and are there.

The multi-stop building of a route will depend on length of trip and area's the TND need to route you on to keep you on truck legal routes.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    Well Brought a 710 took it out the box touch screen way off hit go to map and truck tools open could return to main couldn't power off now doing a 5 hour update to see if that fix it 213 of 294 files another 30 min and I will find out if it goes back or not so far it not getting a good review from me

Ok I lied it gonna take all night wish I had accident insurance I would use it fr a wheel chock
    You would think that for that much money you could take it out the box and it would work fine

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Updates do not take more than 15 minuts on a slow connection. Your internet connection has either dropped or gotten locked up. Hit cancel and try to update at another location.

Screen alignment is under -

main screen/preferences/device/screen alignment

This is the first one I have heard of that the screen is off.

Thanks,
    Mark

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  6. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    Thanks Was a little tired and flustrated when I posted this OK a lot tired had been up to long
    I dont know what kind of update it was doing but it was over 100000Kb and called RandMcNally this morning he told me it was the screen alignment but because the alignment was so far off couldn't get to the alingment screen have to exchange it, I brought it at Wilco/Hess in Blacksburg SC hope I can exchange it at the one in Cottonwood AL if not RandMcNally told me to call them back and they will take care of it. As soon as they get me loaded here in Pearl, MS I'm headed to wilco/hess will update

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    When you boot it up... on the accept screen - just above the accept buttons.. you will see the last sentence - Press ACCEPT.....

just above the "have read" in that sentence start tapping the screen... you may have to tap in the center of the screen and around it.. the screen alignment should pop up.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Update due 6-15 not uploading just keeps saying come back 6-15

Among other improvements
    1. Find dest by zip
    2. Multiple stop
    3. View mike marker
    Etc

But won't upload do you got a fix for this ?

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Update still not open yet. We found an issue on the updates.

To All. please update to Dock version 2.0.8 when you get a chance. Many items changed in the way the Dock does it updates.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    How do I know if I got that version

11. Mortar Man

Dec 16, 2008
    Will the update be ready tonight ?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.