Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    New features comes with version updates..

New Maps, current maps, the steep hill/sharp curves warning is now active. TD - truck services such as truck washes.

Thanks,
    mark

Corkyf62 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. maker

maker Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2010
    obion tn
    I have the t5b. At one time u could touch poi icon and it would give u information on that poi but now it doesn't.

4. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    I purchased a TND-710 a few months ago, the DC plug was loose from the get go so i used the ac adapter with an inverter and all worked well for a bit, called tech support a week ago and they sent me a new cable set and update, i am not home but it is a moot point now as the unit froze this morning now it is completely dead, i love the GPS unit and it worked well with no issues, however the hardware is crap, as i said i bought it a few months ago from the Pilot in Tyler, TX and paid cash, so i guess now i am stuck eith taking the gamble on buying a new unit or switiching back to the competitor, this really sucks as RM has something good, but the usb connector got loose and shorted out,

i called tech support today and went through pushing the reset button for 10 seconds and the power button as well for 10 seconds, still no power

reading throught this forum and the facebook page i can see im not the only one, and really dont want to gamble on paying another $450 for another unit that will not work because i cant find the reciept, if i knew the unit would work thats fine but i am not convinced. yes i tested the competitors unit, its ok but im not tied to that
    i really liked the RM unit but the power issue is a real problem.

word of mouth out here goes along way

Jason Webb
    Orlando, FL

5. whatalife

whatalife Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Mark, i have a problem with my unit. the power button broke. i got the unit open and got it out. i cannot turn the unit off or i cannot get it back on. this is my second unit. the first one was dead out of the box. i really object to having to shell out another chunk of money for the map updates. i will have to replace this unit soon. i am pretty sure i am not buying any more Rand McNally products. Plus this unit is only 14 months old. i feel really screwed by this company. please let them know how i feel. and based on the comments i've read here, they are losing alot of otherwise loyal customers. not sure what i will buy but it wont be a Rand Mcnally gps, that's for sure. thanks. :biggrin_25510:

6. bad burbon bob

bad burbon bob Bobtail Member

Oct 24, 2010
    luray va
    some times the back button in the uper right coner will not work tnd500

7. Whitey14243

Whitey14243 Medium Load Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Moreland, GA
    I bought a TND500 and the power cord had a short at the end that plugs into the GPS... i was stuck without a way of charging the unit while on the road... then got to looking into it and realized my car charger for the Blackberry i had worked perfectly.... The power cords that RMN includes with GPS is WORTHLESS!!!! I have upgraded to a Droid phone so i continue to use the old charger from the Blackberry.

8. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    cc194217 Hey you blokes take all the fun out of driving we lose all our enjoyment when we always know where we are going, don't you just love stopping and asking for directions, getting caught under a low bridge that you didn't know was there and then backing up for 2 miles yep definatly missing out on all the fun. :biggrin_255:

9. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    Unfortunately, I need to give a heads up report on the update chip being sent out to fellow canadians- if the price for the chip alone is causing some consternation, not only will the high courier fee be a further concern, bringing the cost to about $97 cdn wait till you get the UPS brokerage fee an extra $43+ ! Forget it. I'm not paying that; this total cost is almost half that of a brand new truck gps- which I would need in event of a malfunction with the Rand unit I already have.

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Let me check that out.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Leave the 710 unplugged for 24 hours, then charge on AC (house plug) for 3 hours, hit the reset and then the On button. See if it recovers. If it does contact Rand Support for a update, if it does not recover you can contact Rand for an RMA or hook up with the Rand Moving America trucks. See the link below for locations.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.