Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Obviously Mark. However it is physically connected and I lose the traffic icon. So not sure why you said what you said. If you're alluding to a problem when the hardware is connected but the traffic receiver and 720 arn't handshaking, then that consititues an issue.

Mark

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    In regard to what I wrote above Mark. I did not see this issue when this same traffic receiver was connected to the 510.

Mark

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    720- Does the traffic receiver status show searching or not connected? If searching, try moving the antenna to a different position.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Are we even on the same page here?

Mark

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You have three states the traffic receiver can be in;

1. Not connected - leave traffic receiver connected to TND and disconnect the power end and reconnect.

2. Searching - either you are not picking up a signal or try moving the traffic receiver antenna around.

3. Connected - you should see traffic, but it may go to searching when no signal is detected.

If you power off and turn the 720 on you may have to follow the steps in #1 to have the 720 "see" the traffic receiver.

Please note, that if you put the traffic receiver into the 720 first then connect power to the traffic receiver it may take a few moments to show either searching or connected.

Thanks,
    Mark

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  7. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    I am assuming then that the rectangler box with the green area denotes a traffic module that is searching for a signal whereas a diamond (color doesn't matter) denotes a receiver in aqqusition of a good rds signal. No icon repersents a disconnected receiver? If that is correct, then the 720 and the traffic receiver are become into a disconnected state while still physically connected. It seems to me, that a good physical connection should result in the unit continuely eithor scanning for rds or in aqqusition of an rds signal and the screen icon should only disappear when the unit is physically disconnected from the receiver. Right or wrong on this assumption?

Mark

8. EekABunny

EekABunny Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I am also having this same issue with the traffic receiver.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    No, If it has a green background then traffic is good ahead of you, Yellow means slow traffic and Red means stopped traffic.

Go to the main screen, preferences,general,Traffic receiver status - click on this. You will see if it is disconnect/searching/connected.

Make sure on Real time Traffic settings you have it set to Flow only, Incidents Only, or Flow and Incidents.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    In the interests of civility, let me restate.

1. Traffic icon displays a green arrow- unit is in search mode
    2. Traffic icon displays a diamond- unit is locked onto an rds signal. The color of the diamond denotes severity of traffic ahead of the unit

Okay fine- I understand that. I probably overstated that understanding in describing my issue.

The issue is, with all the hardware connected, the traffic icon just disappears after x amount of time and the unit displays disconnected or not powered for a status under the preferences. As asked in a previous post- yes this does occur after a power down of the 720. The quick fix however, has been to disconnect the power supply from the traffic module- reconnect while not letting the 720 power down.

My fault Mark if my previous postings wern't clear.

Mark

11. kbod9633

kbod9633 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Middle, TN
    Will the 720 let you set your mph instead of calculating it via the speed limits? I have the farming dezl 560 and it won't do that otherwise a great unit but I'm tired of it bring hours off on my era because we run 62 everywhere

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.