Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbod9633

kbod9633 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Middle, TN
    Garmin not farming lol dam iPhone spell check

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Yes, sometimes you have to disconnect the power from the traffic receiver and reconnect after a power down/on of the 720.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You cannot input your speed, but under;

1. Main Screen/Truck Tools/Truck Info - Truck ETA Adjustment - You can adjust.
    2. Main Screen/Preferences/Route - Truck ETA Adjustment - You can adjust

It is two different spots (but tied together) due to when you are in Car mode Truck Tools/Truck Info is disabled.

If you set to Increase you are basically putting in a lower speed.

The first time you see the ETA it is based upon the posted speed limits, but as you start to drive it looks at your speed versus time/distance to adjust the ETA.

Most times running at 64 with ETA set to "OK", you will usually be within 15 min -30 min of what it shows for your ETA once you start rolling.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Taking this to customer support Mark. Not going to restate the issue over and over- looking foolish now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    K7TKR - I am not trying to make you foolish on the forum. I am stating what you have to do. The engineers know about this issue of having to disconnect the power to the traffic receiver and reapply power to sometimes "wake" the traffic receiver up.

1. If you do not have the green diamond - either disconnected or searching.
    2. If yellow you have slow traffic ahead.
    3. If red you have stopped traffic ahead.

You can go to main screen/preferences/general/traffic receiver status to see the:

1. status
    2. signal strength
    3. Last event
    4. Provider
    5. Station
    6. Number of events
    7. Name
    8. Connection status.

To see #6, on the map screen press the traffic icon and you will see the traffic list.

Again, if you turn the 720 off and back on later and your traffic receiver does not show either searching or connected, simply unplug the traffic receiver from the power source and then plug back in. Allow several minutes for it to acquire the signal.

If you are in a searching mode:

1. Either no signal for the traffic receiver to acquire.
    2. Move the antenna.

Best postion for the traffic receiver - run up the windshield and across.

Cities to see where they broadcast traffic -

http://www.navteq.com/ click on traffic.

The broadcasted signal depends on the towers. I live 70 miles from Charlotte, NC and I can see traffic all the way to Winston Salem.

I know about the power disconnect/reconnect issue and it has been noted. There is not much more I can do. To keep trying to go around from different angles is not going to resolve the issue. I know of a solution in the interm and even I have to do that from time to time in my office. In my car since i plug the power up all at once I have not had to do that.

If you leave your DC cord connected all the time you might also just unplug the DC plug and then replug back in.

Again, this issue is noted and the engineers are aware of this. Until they can come up with an solution or answer this is a quick solution to the issue.

My goal of this forum is to provide answers or solutions to issues/software/hardware. These answers are quick solutions to the issue to keep your running or try to resolve your issue. Since this issue is either software(OS)/hardware it is beyond the means of this thread. A interm solution has been mentioned and this interm solution does work.

Thanks,
    Mark

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
    Ralph4159 Thanks this.
  7. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Why didn't you post the above in the first place? Eh?

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    In seeing how you used to be a Beta Tester and you have been on this forum, I thought you would know the limitations of what I can/cannot do.

I also posted several times all the above.

Thanks,
    mark

9. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    I give up.

New subject.

Are you aware that in the traffic incident/ flow list ( last box on the right while looking at that page) that when an interstate issue is listed, it gives the wrong direction? Comming south on I25 yesterday in Colorado it listed flow and incidents as being on I25 Eastbound- 25 runs north and south. Seen the same type of issue for I70 except as north or south bound. 70 runs east west.

Mark

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Looking into this.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    We are dependent on the traffic information providers. We use the same provider as many of our competitors and we are all in the same boat. If the transmitted info is incorrect, it is incorrect for all of us.

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.