Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Sometimes....:biggrin_25526:

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    Every eighth day that ends in "Q".....:biggrin_25525:

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You should be contacted with the correct E-Mail this time. It was an oversight and has been corrected.

Thanks for bringing this to Rand's attention.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Hello Mark,
    I have a company GPS tnd 500 intelliroute with the serial # T5E 992079. I have set up the dock on my laptop and updated the gps, but it still says the maping software is over 1 year old. Following the link www.randmcnally.com/TNDmaps goes no where. If I go to Randmcnally's website and search for lifetime map updates I cannot find anything for the TND 500 only the TND510. I am not the most computer literate person, but I was wondering if the 510 map would work or if the 500 is no longer supported.

I really appreciate the help and I assume this question has come up before, but with almost 500 pages to read I figured by the time I am done reading it all we will no longer use GPS navigation and have moved on to something new. I have run into plenty of map issues over the last month and an updated map would be great.

Thanks for the help.

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Currently the 510/710/720 (On the TND side) are supported for LTM's unless you had purchased LTM's for other models in the past. I have brought this up to the Product Manager when you posted this. I have not gotten any response back yet.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Thanks, for checking into this for me. It would not have to be a lifetime update. If they just would let me update the maps that would be great. Having outdated maps sure makes it interesting at times.

Thanks, for the help.

8. bstromback2002

bstromback2002 Light Load Member

May 12, 2012
    wi
    Something happened to the charger on my tnd720 and or my GPS. The charger blew the fuse for my cigar lighter so I just left it unplugged and about ten minutes later the screen went to just a bunch of different colored lines I had to push the reset button to shut it off. I tried turning it back on and it brings up the first screen where its loading then just goes back to the messed up screen with all the lines. Any ideas mark

9. Dr. House

Dr. House Bobtail Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Hey Mark,
    Have been using the TND's since their inception, upgrading each time, and finally put my 720 on the dash this past week. In reading the owner's manual, I see the truck poi's are selectable now -- something I've been hoping for for a long while. But how do you do it? I only see the usual on/off option. Tired of too much unnecessary clutter (atm's, etc) and would like only the chaos I create.

Thanks and keep up the good work -- it's getting there.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Working on Rand with this... We may have you call for an RMA and your current unit get shipped back to Rand to look at.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    You can manage the car POI's for each type of POI or you can turn the Car POI's off to remove the clutter. Truck POI's are either on/off.

Thanks,
    mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.