Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ukumfe

Ukumfe Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    My Rand Rant!! ( this rant comes with a Gibbs Slap at the end of it as well. )

No where in the state of California is the speed limit higher than 55 for trucks. Going east on Ca 58 near the top of Tehachapi roughly the 148 mm, the orange truck speed limit 55 sign on the screen was replaced by a white 65 one. This lasted until past the westbound scale house then went back to the orange 55 truck speed limit on screen. I noticed it again around the 177mm until the 184mm.

In Kansas on I-35 from Emporia to Olathe the speed limit goes up to 75 outside of Emporia and then back to 70 before Olathe. The on screen display is an orange truck speed limit 75 sign, not a huge deal, but the speed limit is 75 for everyone so to me the white sign for speed limit should be the one displayed.

This last one is why someone needs Gibbs Slapped! :biggrin_255:

I had to go to Lee's Summit Mo to pick up a load. I am entering it into the my 510 and it won't list it in the city list. I typed in Lees hit space and it doesn't offer me the letter S for spelling Summit. I fooled with a few different ways to no avail. I then decide to check my spelling by referencing my 2012 Rand McNally Deluxe Motor Carriers Atlas. (even though misspelling Lees would be absurd to me) In the map it is spelled Lees Summit. Now I'm really annoyed!! The laptop is still on and connected to the Web, so a quick google search for a zip code in Lees Summit later, I enter that into the 510 and PRESTO!! THERE IT IS!! LEE'S SUMMIT!! Lee's NOT Lees.

Seriously!! Missing the apostrophe was enough to never be able to get that city on any list!! YOU didn't use the apostrophe on your own map, but YOU want me to use it on YOUR GPS?!?!? I won't always have my laptop up and running or have internet to google zip codes should there be other cities with this issue! Am I missing out on some double secret probation trick, or tip, for cities with this quirk!?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Send me a copy of the statement along withe 510 serial number.
    Thanks,
    Mark

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Thanks,
    mark

5. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    question...?

on my 710 if i routed a trip to the pilot/ta truck stop I-80 exit 6 Gary, IN. going east or west it would tell me to take exit 6
    but when do the same on my 720 it will not....? it wants me to take exit 5 or 9.....?

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    A few map versions back there used to be a invalid weight restriction on Burr St (exit 6). This was resolved on the mapset for the E model and the 710. The 720 uses the latest map set and it sounds like an invalid restriction is in place again. I will have them check it out.

Thanks,
    mark

7. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Mark

I hate beating a dead horse but, in regards to the" winding road warning ". Is there no way to turn this feature off in the programming, just like you can turn features off in Windows, if you dig deep enough in the operating system. It is really annoying in my part of the country with it coming up so frequently on the same road especially now that it gets dark so early. I just end up shutting the unit off as the blast of white light, when you go around a tight curve,creates a hazardous situation. I know the road alright so don't really need the unit to be on except for keeping track of hrs. and mileage so anyway of just turning the feature off would be very helpful.

Thanks
    John

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Sorry about that, a setting for this was overlooked on the current version, but we are adding this to the next version.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    OK, so would that be an over the air update to the op sys or map update ?

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    The version would be an air update. This only changes features/screens/etc.

Thanks,
    Mark

jmroadhog Thanks this.
  11. jmroadhog

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Tell them to hurry,it's gonna be a long dark winter up here LOL

Thanks
    John

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.