Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    That would be nice .. restore / recovery just like windows

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    FYI, I am on vacation till the end of the year. I know it is rough but someone has to do it. I will be responding to the TTR still along with any requests for help via E-Mail. But, these will usually be answered during the evening hours.

Thanks,
    mark

4. kbod9633

kbod9633 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Middle, TN
    Just another FYI
    When on i40 heading east towards Oklahoma City if I have 720 set to stop at ta at exit 140 it always wants me to get off at exit 138 and turn right then left and take side roads for 2 miles when all you have to do is stay on 40 to exit 140 then 720 says to turn right at top of ramp but ta is on the left ??

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Thanks for this.

if you are in Fastest Route/Allow freeways it will take exit 138. If you set to fastest route/prefer freeways it takes exit 140.

Rand is looking into this. I suspect a road factor needs to be set on the secondary road to show less than the freeway.

Thanks,
    mark

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Just a note here also. Prefer Freeways. If your POI is an "X" distance off the ramp from the freeway you may not see it if you are in shortest Route. If you change to Fastest Route you will then see the POI's that are not just off the ramp, but a little distance from the ramp.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. jet460

jet460 Heavy Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    The lifetime maps thing is a bit confusing.
    I sent in my reg card on my 710 and my 510, but the RM dock says I am not subscribed. I don't get home until mid January, so I don't know what else I can do.
    If I need to print and mail something else, I can't.
    Not sure what I am supposed to do.

8. kbod9633

kbod9633 Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Middle, TN
    Yea gotta be real careful with that prefer freeways though as there have been times it will add 200 miles to a trip when a us highway would have saved time and fuel

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Registration card does not put you on the LTM's DB.

If you can scan the receipts for the TND's and E-Mail them to me I can make sure they are put in the LTM DB, otherwise you will have to send in the LTM form.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Triletter

Triletter Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Why do they make us jump through the hoops to get the updates? We have to send in this, that and the other things which means finding a stupid stamp (for those that use email for banking). When we register that should be good. Oh, that's right! If we make the hoops onerous enough we get to pay for the updates. I know you don't control the system, but the system is designed to make easy difficult. Love the TND 720; just need a replacement mount. Any way to get one? I have checked on line, but they have a generic 7" that doesn't look like the original. Like the slide in feature of the original.

Thanks for all of the good information you put out here. Just wish the "deals" were simpler.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I have offered to the product manager several solutions in regards to how to register your TND for LTM's while on the road. Part of the issue is that the lifestyle is unknown to them meaning they have not been exposed to how the lifestyle is. Truck shows are fine, but it is another to sit in the seat.

I drove OTR for 3 years and I do offer suggestions that would make life easier for those drivers on the road since I now the truck stops tend to forget to hand the LTM form to the customer when a TND is purchased.

E-Mail me your name,address (no po boxes), phone and E-Mail address and I will get a mount out to you. It is the same mount that the other 7" models use.

Thanks,
    Mark

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.