Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    Mark, I just recently purchased the 720 based on the recommendation of a number of different sources. I do like a number of things about it, especially the fact that it shows mile markers and that they're accurate. That, to me , is big deal.
    However... the search engine, particularly for addresses, is, IMO, mind bogglingly archaic. And that's about the nicest thing I can say about it. How can this be?? How can a tool that is so brilliant and useful in many ways have a such a TERRIBLE search engine? Why can't they bite the bullet ( like Apple did) and make use of Google's superior technology? Why not??
    Now, excuse me, but I have to clean up the tufts of hair laying all over my truck.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hegemeister

Hegemeister Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I think the address search engine works brilliantly on the 510. Maybe you just need to give it a chance. at first I did not understand it. After using it a while now I love it

windsmith Thanks this.
  4. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I got my TND 510 and put it into service on 1 Oct.

I have found there are times that the address cannot be located by city and other times by zip code. But rarely can you not find it one way or the other.

I wished it had an option to log in the date and location with amount for fuel. Then the IFTA mileage by state report would be more meaningful to me.

5. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

I had the same issue. I actually went here:
    http://www.randmcnally.com/contact.do

the live chat was available and talked with a guy and gave him my SN. He agreed that my device was supposed to have Lifetime maps and it wasn't registering that way. A supervisor was going to change the system and I should have it by morning.

This morning as I type this, it's downloading a new map for me.

6. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Feature coming.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. Rogerthat

Rogerthat Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Sac, CA
    Well, I just tried to enter the address of one of our terminals and it's not listed. That's how lame the address search is. This is a deal breaker for me. It's going back. Too bad.

8. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    What is the address? When you get to the enter street, did you try the expand search button? Sometimes a street is in another city, but you may have a different city.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Cbones

Cbones Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Bay Shore
    Mark,

I am transferring files from my TND 710 to the new gps. I found my address book and trip files, but I was wondering what file contains my fuel data?

10. Cbones

Cbones Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Bay Shore

Never mind found it *:RM>User>fuel.db

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  11. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    MNdriver,
    I have the TND 510 and it does have this feature. I think it was recently added by the last update. I've been using it for a few weeks now. The GPS will automatically fill in your current location, or you can manually type it in. Then the gallons, and price per gallon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.