Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    90 was tried, but kept breaking internally at the 90. The way it was pulled out.

If you know of the underpass let me know.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Mark Kling Thanks this.
  4. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
  5. jet460

jet460 Heavy Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    On CA91 in LA, my 710 tries to rout me onto an HOV lane before it puts me on I5.
    Why would this unit rout any truck to an HOV lane, ever?

Also, I71 in OH speed limit is 65mph. The GPS shows 55. I have tried the "tell rand" message several times, but it never changes.

6. Eaton18

Eaton18 Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Waverly, KS
    The "Tell Rand" is just a means of telling them about things. Of course you have to dock your unit, and then manually send the message. Nothing will change until they do an update. They will not automatically accept what you've told them and change it. They must go through a bunch of confirmations. I've sent them a few where the unit shows a speed limit of 65 in a town where the speed limit is actually 35. I don't get that concerned with these, since we should be looking for the signs along the streets and highways. :biggrin_25525:

Mark,
    In reference to the warning "Your route will take you on a dirt road...."I've come to the conclusion that the warning is not an error. It is correctly informing where it is trying to route. The programming error would be in the Preferences/Route, Avoid Dirt Roads. When I have to travel down a dirt road I will set this to Allow. The unit still provides the warning. Now when I know I will not be traveling down a dirt road, I will set the route to Avoid dirt roads. The unit still tries to route me down all the dirt roads. I'll be on a county paved road, and all I need to do is continue straight on this road. There are but a few other paved roads off the road I'm on, however there are a ton of dirt/gravel roads. This is a 10 mile stretch of roadway.

So Rand needs to address the Route Avoidance. The unit must be able to see the roads being "dirt" since it continues to provide the warning prompt. If it can, and I have it set to avoid dirt roads, why then it is using those roads to route? Also again, they need to get that warning to auto-dismiss!!!

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  7. ashbusguy

ashbusguy Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Saint John, NB
    Hi Guy's

Well I read a lot of post don't post much but come here every other days on the road or not, I am charter bus driver all over North America, I have a 710 that I love and I baby it YES I have squeezed the connector and went I am on the road I tied my cable so it doesn't move around never had a glitz with my unit work like a charm it's the out most BEST gps on the market by far I have a TomTom that I refer to poor excuse for gps I have a Megalland not a bad unit (love the connector) that RM should adapt, I also carry with me a small laptops for back up, install 2011 Microsoft Street and Trip also have install CoPilot which I have to say I like but not as much as my RM and folks I travel Newfoundland and Labrador (Rand the only gps with realiable info for this province) Street and Trips lack a lot in that province but again my Rand work great ok Mark here is my suggestions would Rand consider a software for a laptop and no doubt it has been suggest before also one more think Mark I purchase lifetime maps but in the last couple month my dock doesn't show the links or attachement for maps update unit updates attachement still on my dock which I update mostly every week, however in my profile the info for lifetime purchase maps is there so if you have time please reply mark or e-mail.

8. ashbusguy

ashbusguy Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Saint John, NB
    I get this warning a lot "Your route will take you on a dirt road" however in Quebec and Nova Scotia where I get it a lot but in those province there is a lot of constructions work highway going to two lane highway and to my conclusions is that the unit or Rand has not update those road work and yes the unit pointer is basically in a pasture or a green field and the unit is saying dirt road funny enough it's cause you are moving and on a new highway not yet updated.

9. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I did see the last few posts and will be addressing them later today (sat).

10. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I see those same messages. On routes that I know there are no dirt roads. As well as getting routed around construction areas in MN all the time. Yes, I mentioned them to you already Mark Especially the US 14 corridor. It's horrible.

But hey, google map has the same screw up still too.

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Routing issue:

Route from Waynesboro, VA to Benson, NC.

Settings: Fastest route, allow tollways, freeways: allow all (default)
    Route: 273 miles via I-64/US29/VA86/US158/US70/I-40/I-95, total time 5h, 14m

Settings: Fastest route, allow tollways, freeways: prefer freeways
    Route: 276 miles via I-64/I-95, total time 4h 40m

The fastest route is not the fastest route unless restricted to freeways only. I would expect that given free reign on road selection, routing would actually select the fastest route when you tell it to.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.