Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you don't need the Wi-Fi features then the 510 is a good choice. Be sure to go online to the Rand Store and get the Life Time Maps (LTM's).

Thanks,
    Mark

gerardo1961 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Last time I went through there, they had rerouted trucks to the Northeast due to construction. This is just another example of the dynamic nature of the game, both driving and map datum. Ronald Reagan said it best "... trust but verify".

Mark

4. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Construction is finished, but that is a bit further east from there....
    The Detour was over by Walmart (KS Ave exit).
    But yeah, part of it also said the same thing.

5. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Mark,

When you have a free moment- assuming you ever have a free moment, check out US93 from Boulder, NV to Wickenburg, AZ. Can not get the 520 to route this way. The bridge over the dam is open and so is the truck bypass around Boulder City. I think we might have a combination of errors here involving both the map datum and restrictions overlay. Could not get the device to reroute on 93 between Kingman and Wickenburg till I actually got on the road and went past the east bound 40 ramp. I think this might be a restrictions issue but don't know. I have the device set to fast recalculation and fastest routing all roads (default setting).

Mark

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Part of US 93 is still Non-STAA.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Probably but,

93 is still open to trucks and is a valid truck route from Vegas south. If I had put the device into shortest routing, might it have used that road?

Mark

8. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012
    US95 out of lewiston ID to Boise is that way too. I have to set my truck length to 48 even though you can get a permit for a 53' trailer to travel it.

9. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    That is true. However, no permit is required for US93. I know what Mark means about it not being STAA but it might now be so what with the widening and repaving. That section between Kingman and Wickenburg used to be known as The Arizona Highway of Death- twisty two lane roads with some serious grades. But that's all gone now. I never had an issue with it, even running cross the dam over the Nevada Hairpin before 911. There is a lot of truck traffic on that stretch now. Wonder how long it takes the feds to designate a road segment as STAA certified or qualified.

Mark

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Since part is STAA and part Non-STAA then if you had a 53',102" trailer it would not route you since you are not legal on the Non-STAA part.

STAA = 53' trailer, 102" wide
    Non-STAA = 48' trailer, 96" wide.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. WolfHound2/27

WolfHound2/27 Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Buford, GA
    My 710 has no problems charging. I need to up date it but when I connect it to the computer it will shows it is charging so I know it is connected. But, when I try to update it the computer says the device is not connected. Anyone know how to fix this.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.