Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    TeleAtlas and NavTeq are the two major mapping datum companies. If you ever saw what goes into a "segment", it would involve a lot of time/resources.

Nothing being beamed back to me yet.

Thanks,
    Mark

SavageSam Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Ouch, the "can of worms".... no, more than that. Being a employee of Rand, I have to limit what I can say about this.

Not to leave you with no information, but map data is more than the road. What goes into making that road is the data that is really needed.

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Joschmotrucker

Joschmotrucker Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    I just did the latest updates on my 720 and now the speaker sounds like Thomas Edison's first telephone call. No volume and tinny.
    Did the updates mess up the speaker drivers or was it just a coincidental speaker failure do ya think?

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Turn completely off and then back on.. Let me know if this corrects the voice.

Thanks,
    mark

6. Joschmotrucker

Joschmotrucker Light Load Member

Apr 17, 2012
    TN
    Turned off and on every day for the last week and it is still the same.

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Need to contact Rand Support for an RMA.

Thanks,
    mark

8. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Speed limit corrections for gis team:

Colorado i225 sb:
    mm15: 75mph
    mm13: 65mph
    mm3: 55mph
    mm1: 65mph

Colorado i25 sb:
    mm100: 55mph
    mm96: 65mph
    mm15: 55mph
    mm13: 65mph

New Mexico i25sb:
    mm455: does not change to 55 (stays whatever it was -- 65 i believe)

All of those limits are the same whether car or truck.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    continued...

south/west-bound on NM26:
    55mph for the 1/4mi before/after NM27 junction (~mm28.5)
    ~mm17 overweight warning (that culvert/bridge is no longer restricted)
    55mph from mm11 to mm10

I10 westbound NM:
    bug at exit 24 (pilot & flying j poi) -- gps wants you to go 2 miles past and exit at 22 then loop back on surface streets

AZ 82 westbound:
    mm35 - mm 34 (1/2 mi before/after az83 junction) 55mph

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  10. jet460

jet460 Heavy Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Modesto, Ca
    Post deleted

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  11. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Mark

I wasn't going to post on the screwed up routing and maps again but if they are screwy on just one route I have to wonder how screwed up they are in the rest of the country.
    eg:Redlands CA to Oroville WA. Previous maps set would lay out this route properly the first time but it takes several re-calcs and or detours for the new maps to lay out this route properly.Initial routing wants me to take a 200 mi sightseeing detour,this is not acceptable and if I didn't already know this route,say I was a new driver who depended on my gps to route me properly,I would be very pissed. Conventional routing for this route is straight up Alabama St. to I-210 to I-215 to I-15 to US-395 to NV-6 to NV 360 to US-95 to I-84 at Ontario OR. The problem area seams to be between initial starting point and US-395 as there is the area where all the re-calcs have to be done.
    Another major screw up is I-84 at Stanfield OR as from there on the route is valid but takes you over a very steep hill and through the town of Kennewick WA as we haul some heavy loads we opt to by-pass this route but the gps won't plot a route no matter what and even tries to double you back on a truck restricted road.I have changed truck config,route settings,nothing works and the by-pass route is even shorter than original but takes about the same travelling time,as we have proven this by 2 trucks taking each route and ending up at the junction of US-395 and WA-12 at Pasco WA where both routes come out.By-pass route would be US-395 at Stanfield to WA-207 to 730 to 12 to 395 at Pasco,for some reason the gps doesn't know you can make a left turn on WA-12 and tries to double you back at the junction of 12 and 730 instead of just turning left on 12,this is just insane routing.
    I personally believe there are major problems with the new maps and routing and need to be addressed. There are so many wrong speed limits along this route alone that I turn the speaker off so not to get nagged continuously with "speed warning"
    I realy like the TND 720 but if the competition is more accurate with better routing I may have to switch and so will many others as map and route accuracy is what its all about regardless of all the bells and whistles you put on it.

John

double yellow and Mark Kling Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.