Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuckc1960

Chuckc1960 Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2013
    I have a TND500 that I have been using for a few years now. I just plugged it in and did an update. I now get the Database License error. I cant get past that screen. I have done a Diagnostic and repair from the tools on the Dock but that does nothing. When I turn it on I get the license error and now am getting a navi.exe error. I have been using this unit for over 4 years with no issues. The serial number is T5E-990357, Software Version 3.55.2780.1540, Dock Version 1.0.5046.30570. I have lifetime maps. I cant got this thing to do anything now. Any suggestions?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EekABunny

EekABunny Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Yes. I also tried without 3D mode, same result.

4. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Thanks, for right now turn Auto-Zoom off. I am working on this issue. I may be sending you suggestions to try to see if it still freezes.. but, for right now turn Auto Zoom off.

Also, E-Mail me. rmleadbetatester@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Mark

5. Chuckc1960

Nov 10, 2013
    OK, got carried away there.. I have had the unit 3 yrs...

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  6. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    Is there a way to add truck stops (with parking) to a POI search for rest stops/parking areas (rather than doing 2 separate s.earches when looking for a place along your route to take your break).

Speaking of POIs, Newberry Springs, CA has another truck stop: Newberry Shell & Truck Stop i-40 exit 23.

Also on i-40, but in Arizona, there is a small Chevron truck stop off exit 163.

7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    hellooooooo... dock doesn't recognize me 510, uninstalled RM dock, to reinstall,
    still won't recognize the unit, therefore dock shuts down the reinstall.

what to do ?

8. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Does the computer see the 510 as an external drive? Not the Dock.

thanks,
    Mark

9. Chuckc1960

Nov 10, 2013
    Thanks again for your help Mark, have a wonderful day.

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I don't believe so. Why would it do that? Dock not recognizing it started with last error I mentioned.
    Before that, recognition/dock worked fine. I've looked but perhaps I'm not looking in the right area?

If you have a moment or two to reply will send you a pm with my email.

Unit still works/routes/freezes/etc just can't dock for updates, Thanks

11. jmroadhog

jmroadhog Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Grand Forks BC
    Mark

Do you see a pattern developing here? A lot of the problems being posted eg: bad routing,freezing and such appear to be happening after the last map update as I don't remember them being posted so much before the last map update,maybe there is a problem here as I was much happier with my units a 700&720 before the last update.
    Here is another thing that should have been addressed a long time ago,permanent avoids. Right now if you plot a route then go to view that route,on the slide out menu,and find a road that you know u don't want to be on and click on it the only option you get is detour,in order to mark that road as permanent avoid you have to go out of routing mode,scroll around on the map and try and find that road and set it as avoid,this is a very poor way of doing things. There should be and option to avoid right on the detail view when you have a route plotted.

thanks
    john

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.