Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Hey Mark,

Take it things went well for you guys at MATS?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Very well... over 80k people showed up....

Thanks,
    Mark

4. TruckerLlew

TruckerLlew Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Was experimenting with making some custom POI's using software from POIFactory. I goofed somewhere and messed up the format and didnt realize it before I uploaded it. Got the file deleted from the 720 now though so all is good.

5. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Glad to hear it. One of these days things are gonna work out so I can make at least one of these.

6. k7tkr

k7tkr Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Just a thought, the only files I have ever needed to add were speed and redlight camera files. Unless you have some specialized customer database or something like that, the exsisting POI files are extreamly extensive and perclude additions. The 720 has the best exclusively truck based POI database on the market imho. My experience with the POI factory is not every file will work be in the proper format and unless one is very comfortable working with csv files and knows the differences between them, one needs to be very careful.

TruckerLlew Thanks this.
  7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Format is a little tricky... What POI did you try?

Thanks,
    Mark

TruckerLlew Thanks this.
  8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Only thing I would like to see is the 720 to come in a larger screen. Since tablets are available in 10 inch, why is it the TND still is only in 7 inch?

Mark Kling Thanks this.
  9. TruckerLlew

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Was Using Extra Poi Editor frmo POIFactory. Was creating some custom POI's of my own, not editing anyone elses POI's I

Tried "4 column CSV" and a another one I cant remember. Just couldnt open them up in the 720 so I deleted them. Not sure which other format to try to save to.

All the other brands have their own formats listed as a save format in that program but it doesnt have a RM native format listed as a save option so I'm just experimenting a little bit

10. TruckerLlew

Jun 30, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I was trying to create my own POI files for some of my own business and family locations. The existing ones are nice but I needed to make my own set so I dont have to continually crawl through my address book to find where I want to go.

de N2NKW

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Send Me a PM and I will give you my E-mail address... send me a sample of your POI and I will look at it to see the format. I am trying to get the format build so this will be easier.

Thanks,
    mark

SavageSam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.