Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Mark, I had a route through 2803 Georges Rd. (US130) in North Brunswick TWP, NJ that routed me to turn right onto Finnegan Lane only to make a U-turn and turn right onto Georges Rd./US130 again - at the same traffic light. It seems that there may be an error in the RM database here. I ignored that part of the route and went straight through with no adverse effects. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    See if it will allow a backup, if so do it. But fried GPS' in the past most of the time formatting it as a drive then plugging it into the dock will trigger a software reload. Keep us up to date. Tomorrow morning I'll see if I can track down the firmware for it sometimes you need to force feed it in.

4. Dollar22

Dollar22 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2014
    So your next step in estimation would be to actually format the 710 as a drive and then plug back up to the Docking Software and let it do its thing from there.. Are there any specific options that I should choose when formatting?

5. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    I typically format them as a FAT filesystem. Windows may default to NTFS depending on what kind of drive it thinks it is. If the dock won't allow a backup prior to the format manually copy the entire contents of the GPS to a folder somewhere incase you need to manually restore it. I don't run Windows anymore but I used to also show hidden files prior to copying them and double check the file count to verify you got them all.

6. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Corrected in next set of maps.

View attachment 65852

Thanks,
    Mark

7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    On the map screen, right side, look for the 3 arrows with lines. This is the Turn by Turn listing. Tap on that. At the bottom click on Route Display Options/Highway view. This will tell you the route that you are being routed on.

The route does show you making the right/left/right again. That is probably why it does not recalculate.

View attachment 65853
    View attachment 65854

Thanks,
    Mark

8. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I send you an E-Mail.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you format it, you will lose all data. The Dock will not reload 100%.

Once all data is lost, when you try to connect a critical file is missing and the Dock will not see the unit even though windows will.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Do not format it. This will not resolve the issue. This is a Firmware issue, not a software issue.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Seems to be corrected in the next set of maps.

View attachment 65855

Thanks,
    Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.