Suppport Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products.

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardlyWorkingNeverHome

HardlyWorkingNeverHome Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Hamden,CT

Coming up north on US 1 in Delaware, just before I95 the road is not where the GPS says it is because of the construction. I had a route that had me going through Baltimore to get to Columbus OH. when the GPS synced up with the road just before I95 it recalculated and gave a route towards Philly to catch I76. Those kind of recalculations make me nervous.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Ah, then turning off auto recalc would be good in this case for you...

Thanks,
    Mark

4. Stuka

Stuka Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Is there an option that gives a verbal cue that the unit is recalculating? There have been a couple times where road construction has caused the unit to get confused, and without being aware that it has recalculated the route, I've glanced up and been startled to see a whole new route and turn instructions. That's a bit of a shocker the first few times. The Navigo always blurts out "Out of route!" and I know something's up.

Here's a possible POI correction/update: On I-75 near Monroe, MI, the two Pilot locations are mixed up. The more southern of the two is actually the Exit 15 store, while the one 3 miles above it is on Exit 18. I am here, and I also confirmed this with Pilot's store location app.

cheers!

double yellow Thanks this.
  5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    RM used to have that, many did not like it. So, it was taken out.

00000006.jpg

This has been corrected.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. mattbnr

mattbnr Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Tama,Iowa
    You could switch to manual recalculation.

7. TexTrucker

TexTrucker Medium Load Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Here is a routing issue that imo, is bad routing, and not sure why it chooses the path it does.

Coming into Tulsa ok, on I44 east from Oklahoma City, I added a stop at the flying j. It wanted me to take 244 through downtown Tulsa to get there vs staying on 44 which is actually 2 miles shorter, plus a straighter route. At peak traffic times, it would be worse.

I know I know, nitpicky...

8. len6629

len6629 Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2010
    way more than a few

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I would never say "nitpicky", who better to see the road that you the user. Even if it shows corrected on the next set of maps, it may very well be an issue on the next set of maps.

Not knowing what model or date of your maps on your unit - I would venture that it is either a incorrect restriction or map issue.

This is with the latest maps (not released yet).

fastest_allow.jpg
    fastest_prefer.jpg
    shortest_allow.jpg
    shortest_prefer.jpg
    Thanks,
    Mark

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Instead of a general term, why not list the ones you find. It may take a little time on my end to verify, but then we will know if it is still an issue or not.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. creslin68

creslin68 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Have a refurb 510. Been working great for last couple of weeks. Updated this past Friday in evening, noweveryvdestination I put in(even saved ones) I get a message saying no leagal truck or car route available. Any ideas? Already tried using reset on back of device.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.