Surprise, Amazon's two new headquarters locations!

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Nov 6, 2018.

1. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    They were trying to get concessions from the airport authority due to the building costs of the (then new) midfield concourse building that was originally built for them. But when the airport authority refused, USAir made good on its threat to pull out and focus on its East Coast hubs at Philadelphia and Charlotte.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    That's how i remember it, Born in 81. kinda before my time to know left from right and girls existed HAHA. Airlines back in the day ( grandparents retired mid 1990's ) all one big family, It affected the area. Amazon wouldn't help. that's a different beast.

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  4. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Well , if headquarters, meaning building some kind of a big freight hub, it's means crappy traffic around NE will become even worst, have fun in driving 10MPH up there!:)

5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Wait for it ;)

Amazon is poised to make a massive move. Too bad Seattle wasn’t/isn’t paying attention to the brain drain.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  7. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    While that’s the news. It’s an incomplete story. Seattle is history. The people that remain at that location will not be part of the new headquarters. There won’t be a number one or two. There will only be one.

They’re already moving upper echelon employees out of Seattle. With intent of turning the Seattle location into a shell.

You’re not going to read that in any headline. Until it’s too late.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The extra business tax for homeless people, that has now been delayed, was the start of the exodus. Amazon owner, Bezos, knows he was lied to about the tax being cancelled and knows it will resurface in the future under a different name. Time to get out and not grow the business in Washington.

9. SteerTire

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Oh yeah. You’re exactly right.

While I can’t provide facts or a source. I have a very reliable one inside that building that is already looking at housing on the east coast.

Funny thing though. They make so #### much money. It’s being treated like, Oh well, I gotta move. No biggy.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    In business, every penny counts. One little rule change can be like one little termite. Owner-operators on here can vouch for that.

SteerTire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.