Surprise!!!!

Discussion in 'PAM' started by onelouddrummer, Mar 21, 2009.

1. onelouddrummer

onelouddrummer Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2009
    joplin, missouri
    My wife and I graduated from a Driver Solutions school in Springfield Missouri last week. We were "sponsored" by P.A.M. Dedicated. We were told that the school was 3 weeks long, and it was. Everyone there was great to deal with! We couldn't have asked for a better experience. The motel wasn't the nicest, but we didn't expect the Hilton either. We graduated in our alloted 3 weeks. Some people have been there going on 6.

When we graduated we went we did all of our paperwork for P.A.M. there at the school. We were told that we would be picked up by our road trainers around our home area in about a week and after our training time that we would be taken to Tontitown to go through their orientation and get our truck. When we call Thursday to talk to our "student liason" we were told that we needed to call a different number. We were given the number for P.A.M. in Tontitown. When we called the number for the dedicated devision we were told that we would have to go to north-eastern Ohio!

They did tell us that they would pay for us to get there on a bus that is a 29 hour ride one way, or if we drove they would partially reimburse us for gas. So now we are going to Ohio. We are leaving a week from Sunday to go to the orientation on March 30th. We were hoping to get started on the 23rd but now are thinking that it might be early April.

I'm not blaming P.A.M. for this, but I do think that when Driver Solutions hires someone they should let them know about this so that it's not sprung on them at the last minute!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tran Man

Tran Man Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Ohio
    Get used to it......

There are dozens of posts on this very same topic.... Your at the beginning of about 100 others.... read around these forums, and see for yourself.

Good Luck !!

4. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Welcome to the world of Trucking....

5. searay

searay Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Marietta, Ga.
    Welcome, There is a lot of info here just do a search.

6. EbonSaint

EbonSaint Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Ortonville, Michigan
    Provided that they have trainers available at PDS to pick both of you up, you'll spend anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks with an OTR trainer before you're even given a truck. This is mandatory.

Once you are out with your trainer, you will have to have 160 hours on line 3 AND 15 or 16,000 miles. Then you'll be 'upgraded' and hopefully get into a truck. Hope everything works out for you, but you need to be prepared for a few things:

1. 300 bucks a week 'training' pay for the 4 to 6 weeks you're out.

2. Plenty of sitting, more than likely down here in Laredo.

3. Might want to pick up a Rosetta Stone: Spanish. Learn it. Practice it. Love it. (It will help when you're down here dealing with the shippers/receivers).

Good luck

7. Fr0stByte

Fr0stByte Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2009
    York, PA
    Hehe, Talk about a Flashback, Same deal here, started with PAM back in "03" when I schooled at C-1 out of Indy.
    Did a lot of Larado, but was lucky enough to had a ded route, running GM parts out of Rochester to Elpaso & Larado,then home..

8. captquickdraw77

captquickdraw77 Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2009
    k.c.mo.
    thanks ,2 all about pam. we b a sort of a newbee, we b from d past.:biggrin_25519:

9. captquickdraw77

Apr 2, 2009
    k.c.mo.
    thanks, FrostByte,good info for me.it;s what u make of it .me start c1 4/6/09.

10. captquickdraw77

Apr 2, 2009
    k.c.mo.
    thanks,for info new to this ,still learningt
    thanks,ebonsaint

11. trunch13

trunch13 Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2009
    high desert,ca
    I worked for pam for 2 years back in 03 to 05 they payed me ontime never shorted me,also all trucks are auto shiffed and wear governd at 67mph.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.