Surprised at Prime Lease Purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by texasmorrell, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Almost everywhere :) ......You can get Mercer or other big company fuel discounts. Check out different fuel cards.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    NASTC and I've recently read RTS has significant discounts as well...

4. texasmorrell

texasmorrell Medium Load Member

May 3, 2012
    Lone Star State
    Yes I had pretty good fuel discount at Mercer. They even had a list updated weekly showing the fuel price at each stop. That was one of the nice things I liked about Mercer. When I left Mercer I had to go back to paying pump price again. I had an EFS card with eCapital my factoring company but if didn’t offer any discounts. I went with Loves because they gave me 10 cent discount. They were the only ones that gave me any discount of all the fuel programs I contacted. Most of them flat out turned me down when I told them I was a one truck operation.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  5. Cabinover101

Cabinover101 Heavy Load Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Yeah, I liked Mercer's fuel discount program too

6. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Nastc is the most common. Not quite as good as you got when leased to Mercer but real close. Also if you are a preferred carrier with the big guys you can get their fuel discounts. Before I leased to Mercer and ran my own numbers I was set up with landstar and Mercer to pay on a comdata card and just leave the money there to cover fuel instead of having them mail or direct deposit a check. You can also get landstars national account pricing on tires through their lcapp program.

It's your money so spend it however you want but I stand by my statement that only the guys who can't get their act together and operate like a real business pay list price on fuel, tires and parts.

Dave_in_AZ, texasmorrell and Opus Thank this.
  7. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You can get your own EFS account without going through someone else. They have a card for 1-25 trucks.

8. mitrucker1

mitrucker1 Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Even if you don’t have a card you pay pump price and still save .20 to .30 cents a gallon by just using mom and pop places. Never fuel at the big boys

vangtransport Thanks this.
  9. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    True. It doesn’t make much sense to fill up at a Loves and pay $0.30 more to save $0.10. Even the mid level chains save you money. QT around me is $0.25 less than the big boys & Circle K is $0.20 cheaper.

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    With a fuel account such as nastc you will get a much better price at the big boys than at mom and pops. Maybe not every single location, but by far the vast majority.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  11. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    You can get QT's credit card - no cost if you pay it off every month - and save at least an additional $.03. Sometimes more when they run promos.

vangtransport Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.