Suspect In Fiery, Deadly I-70 Crash Bonds Out Of Jail

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by buddyd157, May 20, 2019.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    True the $40,000. But the bail bonds guy is not going to be on the hook for the other $360,000 in case the guy skips. I can't see them not wanting enough collateral to back up the $40k. They must have got the money up through that crowd funding. Which means the guy has zero reason to stick around.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    He was a card carrying Alien allowed to live and work here sort of a visa from Cuba his homeland.

The trucking industry with it's utter failures to train this person shares some of the blame as well as the States at the DMV when you apparently don't need to know english signs written for truckers downhill in 4th grade English.

Combined with the outrageos approximately 12 miles from that particular mountain summit down in to west denver. He never stopped. I was thinking to myself he must have gotten intoxicated that he can roll t0 90+ company policy be ######.

This would be a 4th thread on this overall subject. The first two had thousands of posts. And the third must have been buried when it got bad. This will be the forth new thread and I don't particular care of hammering out the innocents or guilty on this kid.

I'll stop here. I do get riled and fill the air with blue but that is out of my system and carry on.

rabbiporkchop, 201 and Joetro Thank this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oh sure when my truck locks up like that the whole #### thing is going to fall off the mountain. It's going to hurt at the bottom.

Joetro Thanks this.
  5. MIT

MIT Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2018
    The driver has family living in the US probably has relatives that have been living the US since the 60s. There is a very large community of Cubans in this country so why is it surprising that they raised money for bail?

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I wasn't a bit surprised. I expected it from the beginning. If he hadn't opened his mouth and told them he drove toward the stopped cars intentionally rather than just hit the stopped truck, his bail wouldn't have been close to that high.

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The thing that gets me is when he said ," i closed my eyes and steered towards the stopped traffic" thatbis somebody who deserves the death penalty for consciously making a decision that he knew would have dire consequences, if i was a prosecuter im going after premeditated vehicular murder and throw the book at this guy.. I say it again all he had to do was put it in the ditch and kill himself, but he was afraid,to die so he killed other ppl. Anybody that does that deserves to be hung

8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im going out onto the limb this one time. It might be my last time.. but here goes.

This kid has no empathy, no human traits of compassion or feelings for those few dozens of people about to be crushed by his 40 ton berserk-er Juggernaut. No sense of protecting life possibly at the expense of your own.

When all the weighty life and death questions are settled, you already know what you are going to do at that moment. And go to it.

He should get back to Cuba pronto. Like today.

9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    but that is up yonder in canada......

there IS a difference

Bud A. Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    family alone back in cuba....is enough to flee

11. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    maybe he thought that "truck run-a-way ramp", meant that a truck that was running away from home goes there to hide from his folks...

x1Heavy and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.