Swift drivers, sound off

Discussion in 'Swift' started by BigShrek72, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Well. Look for a huge dude with a striking resemblance to Santa Claus, only with a stogie. That's George. Awesome guy. He'd be a good resource for information. And he tells funny stories.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    Edit. Still might be doing the load. The customer said they always load it in a van.

4. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Third trailer in a row I'm having repairs done on before I can haul it. Second one in a row t-called with a load on. Fourth trailer with problems, if you count the one placed OOS by DOT in Vegas because some circuit went TU on the brake lights.

When are we going after the jackarses leaving these problems?

5. TruckerGsch

TruckerGsch Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
    Hay I cant live without a radio while driving. I dont want to think what would happen to the 4 wheelers if I did not have one. lol

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I just got done fixing a bent mud flap bracket on the one mt that I was able to find at the receiver, and had to re-install the mud flap that was dragging. I was not going to take it to Denver to have it fixed.

7. JustSonny

JustSonny Big Dummy

Oct 22, 2009
    Troutman NC
    Why don't drivers have to scan in SIGNED trailer inspection reports on any trailer they drop empty or loaded? No doubt there will be the "It was okay when I dropped it..." BS, but, if a driver tries that BS too many times, there will at least be a paper trail that shows that driver to be really, really unlucky or really, really full of ####.

Injun Thanks this.
  8. Tapeworm

Tapeworm Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Upper Midwest
    I agree completely. I can see the need for the computer to be able to set your pta automatically, but the way it is programmed now is flawed (either that or it has developed the ability to think on its own, and it does not like truck drivers) :#
    Ok, maybe I have watched a few too many science fiction movies...

9. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Had an instance that happened to me yesterday, and computer generated I think. Did my mt call, and it asks how many hours left on your 11 at PTA. I said 5. After sitting 5 hours, the computer then said that I was out of hours. Hence, no load. There should be one other question on the mt call, how many hours on 14 at PTA, just like in the MAC 10. It is like the MT call will cancel out the Mac 10.

10. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Injun, did you know that when hauling Hazmat you are on the clock on duty even when you are having a meal? There is no off time until your on line 2.

That was in an online class I had to take for my new job.

11. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    That sounds more like a "company specific" thing. The FMCSA rules state the unit must be visible to the driver when taking breaks...doesn't say anything about not logging line 1....also think about it....how can you stay on duty in the sleeper for the 10 hour break?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.