SWIFT Solo Drivers What's Your Typical Day?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Trygg, May 24, 2014.

1. Trygg

Trygg Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2014
    The West
    If I went with a diesel generator as opposed to a gas one, can you fill it up at the pumps with your normal credit card? Or will the pumps still ask for truck number licence number and all that hogwash? Just thinking it'd make more sense to just keep everything diesel, not to mention diesel is usually more fuel efficient when we're talking about just an idle basically while the generator is running. Gas powered you'd have to haul around fuel containers filled with gasoline which I would think would be more of a hazard than containers filled with diesel which is highly less combustible.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

The pumps only ask for that info if you're using a fleet card. A regular credit card works the same way as the gas pumps do for your car.

Trygg Thanks this.
  4. Trygg

Trygg Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2014
    The West
    Thanks, yea I wasn't sure. I've never taken my personal truck through one of those type of fuel lanes before so I didn't know how it all worked.

5. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Mind you, I am not advocating theft, but...If you are putting fuel in the truck and your generator is diesel, a gallon here and a gallon there.....:smt102

Adieu and Wolfyinc Thank this.
  6. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    heck you would still be saving the company a lot of money if you used it to power an A/C instead of idling, hmmmz a few bucks to power a gen during a 10hour break or spend $40 idling the truck....

inkeper Thanks this.
  7. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    Yeah...I know! And it wouldn't matter to an owner/lease op anyway since they pay their fuel bill anyway.

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    But then youll have to use off road diesel :biggrin_2556:

9. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    wouldnt it run on the same diesel?...

side note I researched some but could not find a small diesel portable gen, I would like something in the 1k-2k range but only see those in regular gas. Those larger units seem a bit large to strap somewhere. I would love one of those small honda inverter gens but the prices are insane.

10. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Diesel with red dye.. on the auto side.. I was joking.. nevermind

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.