Swift Transportation and their Lease Purchase Plan

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jakebrake58, Jan 20, 2011.

1. full moon

full moon Light Load Member

Dec 10, 2010
    I think you can make it on a lease just watch what your doing . Fuel biggest expense. Dont buy fuel and top off your truck before payroll deadline . You just put your check in the fuel tank, Little things like that you gotta be smart about . Use yor head.You got a 600mi run for the weekend. You need fuel buy 100gal. I think this is why most people miss a payment .And fail.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    You can write off an owned truck for up to 5 years I belive, or if you meet the criteria, you can section 179 of all, or part, and claim a large deduction, if you need it.

On a lease you can claim all lease payments as a tax deduction, but when you do a buyout at the end of the lease, it now becomes an asset, and according to what the buyout price is, say $1.00 or $10,000.00, you will owe capital gains taxes if you sell the truck for more than the depreciated value is when you do sell.

Injun Thanks this.
  4. NeoLove

NeoLove Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    so as a newbie/rookie getting into the business, should I lease or come on as a company driver? The initially reason I want to lease is so I can bring my pet. I catch on to things quickly so I believe I can handle being an owner op... was wondering what a new driver at Swift can expect as an average salary versus the average truck note per month?

5. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Stay company for at least a year. Having a pet with you is not a good enough reason to make a huge business decision like leasing a truck.

Use logic. Not emotion.

kid_cardiac, Lokix and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    If you're a newbie/rookie, the last thing you should even consider is leasing a truck. You don't know anything about trucking, let alone running a trucking business. And since you want to lease a truck with the sole reason being so you can have a pet, I'm not sure trucking is the right career choice since you've already proven your inability to make a good decision.

kid_cardiac and jbatmick Thank this.
  7. NeoLove

NeoLove Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    That's what I figured also, it's just that I don't have anyone to keep my puppy for a year. I tried going with Prime, being that they had a pet policy where I could just pay a deposit. I'm really good with numbers, I know I don't know much about the industry, but I do catch on fast. So is it possible for a newbie to actually do good leasing as an owner op? I already know it's very possible to do poorly.

8. sweetdaddy915

sweetdaddy915 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    in front of u going slow
    Yeah they don't call um lease fleece companies for no reason

Why spend 80,000 on a truk only too need a new one ....?

Or just too rent one for the company so they don't have 2 pay it

Remember companies make money and they will @ your expense

The more your do your homework the better off you'll bee later

The old samurai saying ......Cry in the dojo....Laugh on the battlefield

Information is knowledge,knowledge is power

And that power will impower you too make the rite decisions

Business wise and not cause its rite for so an so company

TTR WILL BE A VERY HUGE ASSETT AND TOOL IN YOUR LEARNING EXP.

NeoLove Thanks this.
  9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Once again, a dog is not a good reason to lease. A brand new driver not only has the possibility of failure, but has a high probability of failure. There are some very few who make it. But they had something besides a dog as their driving force.

I am not going to try to sell you on something I don't think you're qualified for. It would not be fair to you or to the company.

SweetDaddy, before you put your foot in your mouth again, you need to read my blog and then go through the Swift threads. I like you, but sometimes you spout off without correct information.

sweetdaddy915 Thanks this.
  10. sweetdaddy915

Oct 18, 2011
    in front of u going slow
    I was referring too the lease/op companies like prime/cr england/jct
    with there lease programs that hurt alot of decent people

The usual suspects...kinda of companies.....

Now I don't have a clue about swift I m sure there great there just not for me
    nor is my companies lease option

The truk buy program is very good butt I wood rather they pay the bills on
    that deal and I will just bee a company drone and hold the wheel

I can handle that for now...the lease/o thing is very dangerous for a newbee

I like you too so I replied kindly...hope you don't gett 2 madd now
    take it easy on me

Iam tryn knot 2 bee the biggest internet ramboo as I am a cb ramboo!hahaha!!!!

Injun Thanks this.
  11. sweetdaddy915

Oct 18, 2011
    in front of u going slow
    Also I can't wreed....I only eat the pages...! Hahahaha!!!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.