Swift Transportation Company, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by RoadWarrior666, Sep 16, 2006.

1. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    mshaw.....you are a new driver with only 6 months driving and Swift offered you to be a mentor? That's what's wrong with with Swift and why so many jokes about them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cheetahwind

cheetahwind Bobtail Member

May 29, 2007
    Marshalltown, IA
    Ok cool, thanks for the response Mssh, I'm going down to the school this afternoon. It'll be pretty cool. I thinks.

4. Hill-a-billy

Hill-a-billy Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2007
    South Carolina
    Without these mentors/trainers out there these large trucking companies would not remain profitable. I mean think about it, they have a team for half price. One of the drivers gets all the miles, the other one get paid a little lunch money, and the company makes out like a bandit. It's not only sad it's scary.

I have worked for only one company that required at least two years with them, and a perfect safety rating to become a trainer. They also ran the trainer and rookie as a single driver for the first 4 weeks. The trainer got a salary plus miles, and the student got a decent salary too. Later if the trainer gave the okay they could run as a team for the last two weeks. I know it sounds too much like common sense to be true, but it really was.:biggrin_255:

5. cheetahwind

cheetahwind Bobtail Member

May 29, 2007
    Marshalltown, IA
    Also I'm going to assume this comdata card is like my payroll card instead of it going directly into my bank account?

6. Hill-a-billy

Jun 3, 2007
    South Carolina
    They will probably have a direct deposit form for you so bring a blank check. The com data card is usually used for cash advances, fuel, and minor repairs.:biggrin_25512:

7. whispers65233

whispers65233 Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2006
    Boonville, MO
    Some companies will load your paycheck on a comdata card if you don't opt for direct deposit. Many companies are moving away from paper checks. Roehl is one.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I don't trust that direct deposit, or any other electronic means by which the company can clean your account out if they become so inclined.

9. Hill-a-billy

Jun 3, 2007
    South Carolina
    That is a risk Macky, but I found it to be a really easy way of getting the money back home.:biggrin_2558:

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    One way to rectify that, is to set up a separate account just for the direct deposit, and as soon as the funds are there transfer them to your real account. That way, should they attempt to withdraw funds for "accidental overpayment" or whatever, they'll turn up a big fat goose egg.

11. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    Swift has a new low. They are starting to advertise in a local paper that charges next to nothing to advertise and the papers are free to anyone that wants them. The paper Is called American Classifieds use to be the thrifty nickel. Just goes to show you that they must be really hurting for drivers when they do not advertise in the paid subscription papers or maybey they can not afford the better papers any longer.
    :biggrin_2559::biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.