Swift Transportation Company, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 16, 2005.

1. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Nobody has called you a liar, it is very dificult to believe that swift has a retention of more then 50% in an industry were 90% plus is not unheard of, Swift is known to have high turnover rate and I would not be surprised if it is at 100% plus.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. druid2874

druid2874 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I question your account on another level as well. How are you able to keep tabs on all these people, spread out through such a large company, to know the EXACT numbers? Who has the time in their busy day to look this up for you?

Why I know about them is that 15 of them where in the army and 3 of them was in my old unit so that makes 16 of us that I know for 400% that they are still with swift. ALL 16 still work with swift. I was an 18b so we are a tight nit group.

Well portlanddriver he does not call me a lair but sure wants to imply it with quotes like that above ;)

But hey if you would like to see my dd214 I would gladly scan it and show you with a pic with the 4 of us in Iraq and then the 4 of us know but like I said

SWIFT IS NOT THE BIG SATAN THAT YOU MAKE IT OUT TO BE :)
    I like that catch phrase

4. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest

You have my grattitude for not only serving in the Army but doing a (at least one) tour in Iraq, there is no way I can run you down on that point. I had put in time myself in the Persian gulf area in the '80s so I know about the weather conditions and what you had to deal with in that respect. As far as facing a hostile force such as in Iraq I don't have a clue. What I have seen is the bond between the teammates that have seen combat.

As far as Swift goes this company not only has a bad rep with drivers but also with a lot of docks and wearhouses. The only reason swift stays in business is it offers cheap freight and the way it does it is by low wages. Take some time and do a comparison of what you make and what other companies pay, not only online but when you are at a dock with other carriers. There have been very few docks that I have bumped that I could not get into a BS session with other drivers. Keep your eyes open in the situation you are in and get a feel what is happening with the other companies out there.

5. druid2874

Jun 21, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    You know I have done a lot of bsing with other drivers. Only thing I have found different is that if you work for a very small company you get paid a little better if you are not an o/o and drive a company truck. The other trucking companies the big ones i.e. Celadon 1 year is .32 ….Cal ark .30 Convenient .31 create .33 De boer .28 KLLM .32 Knight .31

They pretty much all pay the same 1 to 3 cents different like you said you are not going to get rich drive for them any time soon. SHOCK they all have the same gripes like home time….down time… and the like.

You have apparently fallen through a crack that so many others could not find, or your standards are not as high as those of others.

I love that line so even I fallen through a crack, or my standers are sub par WOWl what to say to that I guess every one that works for them must have very low standers.

Quote:
    But hey I am a lair so don’t believe me. I am just trying to do damage control for swift. Lol

I fall short of calling you a liar, but your attempt to do "damage control" is highly questonable, for all the reasons stated above. Personally, I don't believe your figures, and I'm quite sure that there are people out there that don't believe things that I say.

Hmmm I guess you don’t know what sarcasm is

Oh yes I know have 2 catch phrases

Swift is not the big Satan you make it out to be

You are responsible for 85% of the hell you think you encounter out here. Take care and thanks for reading my reply. Be safe and have a great day!

6. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    This is getting really hard to swallow. I hate to say it, but it is. 16 people, that ALL served in ONE branch of the military, had nothing better to do but to sign on with Swift? What are the odds? About the same as your claim that the retention rate for YOUR class is 60%. Then...things are soooo good there, and EACH and EVERY one of the 16 of them are STILL there? I'm sorry, but I just do not find your claims to be believable. I don't think that many other people, especially those that know the company, will either.

That's not necessary. A picture of four guys in military garb really wouldn't prove much, now would it? It's your story, and you stick with it.

No...I would never say THAT. I WOULD say that most of those people simply do not know that there are MUCH better places to hang their hats.

So...what exactly are you saying? That your defense is nothing but sarcasm? It's laughable...that's for sure.

I thought about all the ways that I could debunk that statement, but instead, I decided to let it pass on by. Why? 1.) I don't have time to waste on people that think the way you do, and 2.) Because in due time, you will eat those words.

You've been in the industry for so little time, that you have not had the chance to be exposed to what surely awaits you. Be it with Swift or some other carrier that you will surely move on to, you will understand one day, just how you can be shafted, and they will do it with a smile when they do. Heck, you might even get a kiss or two in the process.

You like Swift today. I'm glad. I'd love to submit to you some of what people have endured just for quitting that company for a better job, but you'll have to find that out for yourself...I guess.

7. druid2874

Jun 21, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    That's not necessary. A picture of four guys in military garb really wouldn't prove much, now would it? It's your story, and you stick with it.

Ok lets see 1st we don’t ware military garb. It’s a military uniform IE BDU (battle dress uniform). Now about that 15 that you are so dead set to not believe. Let me break it down for you. 6 were Vietnam vets all of them retired from the previous jobs. 4 were in the army from dates ranging 1977 to 1990ish the 4 that I served with 3 of them are retired army one got a medical discharged after getting wounded in Iraq.

Ok now the other issue

thought about all the ways that I could debunk that statement, but instead, I decided to let it pass on by. Why? 1.) I don't have time to waste on people that think the way you do, and 2.) Because in due time, you will eat those words

Let’s see I would love you to debunk that please oh please debunk that statement.
    That statement is pretty much how life works. Well let me get anal and say for you to debunk that statement you are going to have to show me roughly over 2250 emails from different people getting the shaft that they could not control at all or did not help cause them self. That would be roughly over 15% of drivers and out of those 2250 1% to 4% of those I guarantee you probably help cause some of it them self. you act like I don’t know how life works with this statement

that you have not had the chance to be exposed to what surely awaits you. Be it with Swift or some other carrier that you will surely move on to, you will understand one day, just how you can be shafted, and they will do it with a smile when they do. Heck, you might even get a kiss or two in the process.

I spent 17+ years in the army so if any one knows how one can get the shaft it would be me. But you are going to believe what you wish, and I am going to believe what I am going to believe

Like I said
    Swift is not the big Satan you make it out to be

You are responsible for 85% of the hell you think you encounter out here.

8. TurboTrucker

TurboTrucker Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2005
    Rossville, Georgia
    Okay....if you say so.

Well....maybe YOU do understand what you wrote, but I sure do not, and I seriously doubt that anyone who reads it, will either.

Ah...then that explains it. You're completely conditioned to accept it (the shaft that is).

And on that note...I rest my case.

9. SLO POLK

SLO POLK Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2005
    CANADA
    EVEN THOUGH I THINK I AM WELL TUNED INTO OUR SITUATION PERTAINING TO NORTH AMERICAN TRUCKING
    I WOULD NOT ARGUE WITH YOU TURBO REGARDING OUR TRUCKING INDUSTRY.
    TURBO,I MUST TELL YOU THAT AFTER CAREFULLY READING UP ON SOME OF YOUR ARTICLES WRITTEN HERE ON THE FORUM,I CAN CLEARLY SEE THAT YOU ARE AN EDUCATED PERSON.
    DON'T GET ME WRONG THOUGH,I DON'T USUALLY THROW COMPLIMENTS AROUND LIGHTLY,BUT I KNOW THAT YOU ARE VERY WELL INFORMED ABOUT OUR PRESENT SITUATION IN THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY.
    I HOPE YOU ARE AROUND FOR AWHILE,YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS APPRECIATED,AND VERY NECESSARY FOR ALL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER.

SLO POLK
    BUFFALO SPRINGFIELD TRANSPORT INC.
    buffalospringfield@sympatico.ca
    :)

10. Krush

Krush Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2005
    oh, suck it up - swift is the number one complained about company! this hasn't become so for no reason - HELLO!
    Rock Salt - you ARE salty. You've either got some money in that company or you're one of those punks that stick up for big companies that you work for because you're a kiss ##*, companies that would never do the same in return for you. Like those people that answer the phone when you call Wells Fargo's 800 number. They act like they really are Wells Fargo! (At $7 an hour, I know I wouldn't give a [edited].)

11. slimgoody

slimgoody Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2005
    I went through this companies training academy in Phoenix Az, I completed the course in 3 wks, got a mentor and went over the road for 6 wks, and from there i went on my own, they gave me a truck that had duct tape holding the steering column together, and i was told that, that was no big issue,this company has nothing but problems,im still trying to get motel reimbursement money from them even though i provided them with receipts, and of course they claimed not to have received them, they short you on you check, and talk to you like you are there child if you question them concerning your money, but all the dm's get paid on time and the're home every night, my advice to anyone is to stay away from this demon of a trucking company,get your truck training else where, i'm now with jb hunt hoping to have a nice career with them ,but if not i know there has to be a goodcompany out there.

Slim-goody

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.