Swift Transportation Company, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 16, 2005.

1. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    :lol: Maybe SWIFT can't afford a new Alternator Jon? :shock:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    They can't afford the new trailers they had ordered through Wabash. About five years ago I had the honor of picking up a new trailer at the main Lafayette In facility. There must have been over 1500 new Swift trailers there at that time...

4. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    Imagine that!!!! Swift sent me on a wild goose chase in Connecticut to pick up a trailer that had 1/4 of the side missing. I told my dispatcher "NO WAY!". I put everything down in the qualcom and he kept insisting that I call him and discuss it over the phone. In the meantime the company where the trailer was sitting was angry because they were told that someone was coming to remove it 3 days ago. I told him I wasn't moving a damaged trailer.

5. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    :shock: Half the slider was missing?What did you do?
    Skull :shock:

6. themlilboots

Dec 9, 2005
    The trailer was that way when I got there. Someone had actually tried to cover the very large opening with duct tape. LOL!

7. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Thats when you call the D.O.T.

8. Madman

Madman Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2006
    Albuquerque, NM
    I have been reading through "worst companies" and found Swift listed twice, and I read a few of the others... I must say, sure is a lot of whining going on out there! I have been driving for IELC/Swift for almost 3 years now. I have never been "left out in the cold" or "cheated on my pay", and certainly don't feel anomosity towards the office folks for having a bed at home every night. If you want that, stay out of truck driving, fool! You will discover that ANY company is what you make of it. Some people have it, some people don't. Some are drivers, some are whiners. Maybe I am spoiled, because I do work for one of the best Swift Terminals (and Terminal Managers)... that being Albuquerque, NM. I am treated with respect, get plenty of miles, have a brand new KW900L company truck, get all of my pay, on time... and here is the biggie... when I say I want to be home on a certain date for home time, I AM HOME ON THAT DATE. Furthermore, NOBODY in Swift has EVER suggested that I drive an unsafe vehicle, unsafe route, in unsafe weather conditions, or pull an unsafe trailer. If you have anyone telling you to do something like that, be smart, tell them to put it in writing on the Qualcomm. Then tell them to wait while you contact safety in Phoenix. Like I said, some of us got it, some of us don't. MADMAN

9. themlilboots

Dec 9, 2005

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Methinks we have a BS artist here... :?

Since when does Swift use KW900s?

11. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Good question. I don't see it myself...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.