Swift Transportation Company, Inc. - Phoenix, Az.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TurboTrucker, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Ohnoo

Ohnoo Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    CA

Bull ##### you sir are a ball face lire about this and many other things. No one would wait three months for a truck and no company would make someone wait that long.

Ok guys hes pretty well shown himself for what he is time to stop feeding his "Attention problem".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    This thread will be closed if it continues to deteriorate. Please keep on topic.

4. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    My husband went to orientation for Swift in November... and they didn't have a trainer available for him until March. By that time, he had already gone to another company.

Drive-a-Mack Thanks this.
  5. druid2874

druid2874 Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Hattiesburg, MS
    9 times out of 10 I haul to the ports I have a load to there. So it's pretty easy this is for New Orleans, LA and Charleston, SC. they take the loaded container off the chassis then I just take that chassis and go to where they load the inbound containers. Get it put on and go to inspection. it takes roughly 40min to one hour. sometimes New Orleans on Monday can be a Pain since they seem to only want to use one RTG for row e18 and f16 it has taken 2 to 3 hours to get loaded but that’s once in awhile Gulfport, MS is a snap the Crowley containers don’t leave the chassis they go on the boat with container and chassis as one so its just drop and hook can be out of there in 30min if I don’t need no tires on the inbound container I am picking up.

6. vickw

vickw Light Load Member

May 10, 2007
    Edwardsville, KS
    That would not be normal. The longest I have personally seen was a month. Was there special circumstances? Only wanted a non smoker, didnt want to get bussed. Missed pick up by a mentor? Missed phone call by driver services? Reason I ask is because drivers services has to explain to executives why a driver is not with a mentor after 2 weeks. And it just continues week after week. I get grilled if a driver is unassigned longer then 14 days and is not on vacation or leave of absence. It doesnt stop there. The log department and the terminal would be held accountable for that drivers missing logs. That would be over 150 logs, and would put the terminal above the 3% missing logs maximum we can have. So this would also be a huge red flag to executives and safety. I am not saying it did not happen, I just think there may be more to it.

Wes

7. Snowman&Fred

Snowman&Fred Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Well not to mention, you are NOT going to have a drive test with a company without being offered a job if you pass with flying colors. If you pass the driving test with 'flying colors', then why would one NOT get a job with Swift. Unless we are going to be told that "i just didnt want the job".

But the mod is correct. This was to be a thread stating ones opinion on how "bad" swift is. Just because you don't like them, no need to make up stories, or sensationalize a true story to make a company sound "bad". How is anybody going to get good information off this site if everybody does nothing but jerk around with the facts.

The FACT is, I will be going thru Swift, regardless what anybody on here has said, and I will report EXACTLY how i was treated, and if expectations have been met or not. Swift is the way to go, for my given situation. Unless something else presents itself in the next week, I will be a Swifty.
    Respect me or not, I could really care less. Either way, I WILL BE a professional driver, even if fellow drivers on the road aren't.

8. GuysLady

GuysLady Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The eye of the storm....
    We weren't given any explaination. He went to orientation in Lathrop.. was told he was hired and that they didn't have any trainers available.. He was told that they would have a trainer for him within a week, and then sent home. He called every morning for 2 months, then gave up and went elsewhere.

But you have to remember.. this happened in 2001. So things may have changed since then.

9. kickingdeer

kickingdeer Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Joshua Tree, CA
    These posts for or against certain companies comes under the RIGHT say what had happened to them and let people know what might happen to those that might try to work for certain companies. If Somebody reads this post and goes to work for whatever company at this point it is by personal choice.
    Drivers that has worked for these companies and end up in the end then to find out the what they read in the post were actually the truth then most of them come back with what happen to them personally. There are many drivers that wish they had read about these companies beforehand.
    If you work for one of these companies you too have a right to say that that company is not doing you any wrong. To call somebody a lier because of whatever facts doesn't agree with you is not fair. Where you there when the company did something that was unfair (this is the driver's discretion).
    I don't really care what company is addressed in any of these posts.
    The idea is to warn newbies, greenhorn, and experienced drivers what might or can happen to them
    BETTER TO BE PRE WARNED THEN NOT WARNED AT ALL.
    Some people don't like following the rules on how to write posts on this treads and a lot of people take this posts in a different directions and go away from the real reason for the starting of the posts.
    Look at the number of pages on some of these companies and what year that they were first started.
    Keep focused on the thread. Everyone has a right to speak their minds, many also have the right to defend their thoughts. Luckily we live in a country to STILL be able to do that.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
    Drive-a-Mack Thanks this.
  10. kickingdeer

kickingdeer Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Joshua Tree, CA
    Good luck in your choice. Hopefully you do come back and report back in.
    BUT these post are how people have been treated by companies and person experience.
    There is a lot to being a "PROFESSIONAL DRIVER" then just driving a truck.
    :biggrin_25520:

ragtopjr Thanks this.
  11. Snowman&Fred

Snowman&Fred Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Well I ran into two drivers today working at the truck stop who drive for Swift. One was an O/O that has been with Swift for 15 years. Another an hour later, who has been there for 7 years, and he wasnt an o/o. I asked about Lewiston, ID, and he said it was a nice place, but only certian roads they will take you on. I asked about how he got along with his DM, and he said really well. It all depends on keeping him or her happy, he said.

So, my guess is, the gist of a few posters has nothing to do with the actual company, but with their relationship with their DM. Granted, from a drivers perspective, the DM is 'the company'. But you cant really look at it like that, can you?

As a driver, can you get a new DM ??

pawpaw Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.